Movies Film

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest .. Another classic, Ken Kesey based novel.
.. To see Sometimes a Great Notion in the Theater would've been even better.

Thanks to the above .. Idk of one individual who's ever even seen this movie. It's always been a great inspiration to me, to keep going & stand your ground.
Reminds me of an old saying I’ve used a couple times on adversaries. “I am the rock you will break yourself against.” That always gets them.

I saw "Sometimes a Great Notion" in the theater when I was 16-17.
When Henry Fonda said "My arm just fell off" it kind of made my gorge to rise a bit, having known people who had lost arms to combines and PTO shafts.

Movies that is series of them one can say. The priginal tv series with Old Indy telling in start and end of episode. All 21 of them there on thst channel.

Others habe YIJ also.

"Giant".. what an image, to the end of James Dean's career. idk
1701457266628.png

1701457345776.png

1701457367066.png

Hard to pin down sometimes which we each judge as great movies. For me the production company's attention to detail plays at least some role. The 'devil's in the details' kind of thing. The movie can have all the right ingredients, yet one oopsie can spoil the overall quality and effect.

While studying the movie Dunkirk, I noticed the accuracy of the B roll audio for the Spitfire aircraft. They, like the P-51, make a very distinctive sound- that Merlin engine sound is unique. Both the P-51 and Spitfire make similar sounds because of the similarity of the engines and the overall aircraft design. One difference is the open gunport whistle that's more common to the P-51. Hard to forget the sound of either aircraft. :)

Last edited:
Hard to pin down sometimes which we each judge as great movies. For me the production company's attention to detail plays at least some role. The 'devil's in the details' kind of thing. The movie can have all the right ingredients, yet one oopsie can spoil the overall quality and effect.

While studying the movie Dunkirk, I noticed the accuracy of the B roll audio for the Spitfire aircraft. They, like the P-51, make a very distinctive sound- that Merlin engine sound is unique. Both the P-51 and Spitfire make similar sounds because of the similarity of the engines and the overall aircraft design. One difference is the open gunport whistle that's more common to the P-51. Hard to forget the sound of either aircraft. :)

That was an interesting watch. I just asked a member recently what ships had the Allison V12's, simply because of the exhaust note .. struck a chord.

Movies, Film, Art is certainly subjective. "David Lynch" fan, his dreamlike mystery movies, left to the interpretation of the viewer.
But there are some great films with exceptional dialogue that provoke thought ...

This could also fit in the “view out window” thread. Went over the hill yesterday to pick up a vehicle. On the way back snapped this shot of area where the Duke’s True Grit was filmed. Not a bad western… too bad Glen Campbell couldn’t act.

408698C0-1315-465D-BDA9-712739EF0984.jpeg

Last edited:
This could also fit in the “view out window” thread. Went over the hill yesterday to pick up a vehicle. On the way back snapped this shot of area where the Duke’s True Grit was filmed. Not a bad western… too bad Glen Campbell couldn’t act.

View attachment 575744
Did you see The Cohen Brothers Remake of "True Grit"?
just curious ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you