Mountain Zebra

In SA they want a hefty price for one. In Namibia where I took 2, they are cheap. One a rug the other a Ped.
Depending on your hit list, do not over look Namibia.

Imported one from SA back in 2009.

Roger and @buckcurtin , just keep in mind that there are Hartmann's Zebra in RSA, as well as Cape Mountain Zebra. They are not the same. You can import Hartmann's Zebra into the USA from South Africa, but not Cape Mountain Zebra at this time. I don't think it will be too long though.
I found a dead Cape Mountain Zebra while hunting Barbary Sheep a couple of years ago. He was relatively fresh. Kicking myself that I did not skin it for a flat skin.

A couple I took last year in The Khomas Highland Mountain Range. One is going to be a Pedestal mount for my Daughter and the other one will be a rug for me.

EmEaaTf.jpg

DYho4Sb.jpg

Attachments

• EmEaaTf.jpg
    EmEaaTf.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DYho4Sb.jpg
    DYho4Sb.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 171
I echo the sentiments of those here, lauding the Mtn zebra hunts. Mine was a fantastic experience as well that took us over 8 miles of mountainous terrain. An added bonus is that mtn zebra filets are absolutely fantastic.

One of my favorite plains game animals to hunt!

4.JPG
IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_1352.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They are fun and it's a challenging hunt. I shot mine from one copey to the next copey, he was standing at the very top and they blend in well. Awesome to eat and they are a different species I think than plains Zebra.

Africa-Canada 143.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: K76
They are also very good to eat...Wife and I each took one and they are a challenge as they are hard to see in brush,tend to blend in..I think Namibia is only place they can be hunted..She has a head mount and I did the rug...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg