Most exellent Ross Seyfried .577 article

Was just reading this thread. I believe Ross had the 416 in Tanzania. Neat rifle with a lot of articles it’s been pictured in .

Was just reading this thread. I believe Ross had the 416 in Tanzania. Neat rifle with a lot of articles it’s been pictured in .
I know he was very fond of the Remington 700 416 RM he used on several different occasions. Kind of surprising when you think of him as a purely classic rifle type of guy. I miss his writing still. But more than that, I miss being 20 years old, which is when I first started really getting into his writing.

Just saw this thread...I, like many others here absolutely devour anything that guy wrights. I love his style of writing, and this very article was a major contributor to some very expensive purchases of mine. If you didn't know already, he was a major contributor to the Double Gun and Single Shot Journal. I even have a spreadsheet that highlights out of print issues that contain articles written by him reminding me to purchase them if found on ebay, etc. I remember reading one of the articles where he references some rough times in his past...I've always wondered what he went through!

Ross Seyfried has been my favorite author since I was a kid in the 80’s, back when Guns & Ammo magazine was loaded with talented authors and actually had articles worth reading.
I’ve always admired his writing style and real world knowledge across a huge range of firearm and hunting topics.

I presume this is the same Ross Seyfried I watched cream the World IPSC titles in Adelaide, Australia, in 1980 odd ??

I will definiteld search out his articles. What a wonderful thing to have them all put together in one publication. If anyone can contact him please ask if this is possible - I will be the first customer!

Wow, thanks for posting that article. I remember Ross & really enjoyed his writings.

"Most excellent" and "Ross Seyfried" is a redundancy. :cool:

As far as I'm concerned he walks on water--and I'm proud and humbled to say that he has mentored me in my first steps through the complex world of Nitro For Black handloading.

Reviving an old thread here but I was wondering if anyone has the original article listed archived somewhere or in PDF? I enjoyed reading it a few years ago and wanted to read again but the link is broken now. Thank you.

Page looks to been taken down , as the magazine was Shut down early on .

Ross is simply the best. I bought a George Gibs .450-.400 31/4 that was his. Incredibly accurate with his load data.

I communicated with him several times times about doubles.

Lon

Reviving an old thread here but I was wondering if anyone has the original article listed archived somewhere or in PDF? I enjoyed reading it a few years ago and wanted to read again but the link is broken now. Thank you.
I have a crude copy I made with Microsoft word…anyone is welcome to it, just PM me with your email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross