AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
NORTH HAVEN, CT – O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, announced today its decision to discontinue selling products to Dick’s Sporting Goods, and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring of gun control lobbyists in April 2018.

Effective immediately, O.F. Mossberg & Sons will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream, and is in the process of evaluating current contractual agreements.

“It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control.” said Iver Mossberg, Chief Executive Officer of O.F. Mossberg & Sons. “Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.”

Consumers are urged to visit one of the thousands of pro-Second Amendment firearm retailers to make their purchases of Mossberg and Maverick® firearms. Firearm retailers can be found through the Mossberg Dealer Locator by visiting http://www.mossberg.com/dealers/.

About O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

Founded in 1919, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America, and is the largest pump-action shotgun manufacturer in the world. Leading the way with over 100 design and utility patents to its credit, and standing as the first ISO 9001 Certified long-gun manufacturer, Mossberg is considered to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers in U.S. History. For more information on commercial, special purpose, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles and accessories, please visit their website at www.mossberg.com.

###

MEDIA CONTACT
Linda Powell, Director of Media Relations
LPowell@mossberg.com
(336) 441-2923 (Media Only)

mossberg.jpg

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Good for them!

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Don't know how much impact it will have as Dick's is not know for gun sales. But good for them!

Fred Gunner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Outstanding News. First Springfield Armory and now Mossberg. If every Gun and Ammo manufacture follows suit that would send a message of "Shall not be infringed!"

fourfive8

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
Keep 'em coming! Let them sell Yeti, Birkenstock, Thule racks and Patagonia

Last edited:

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Great. Let’s boycott these places REI included

Hank2211

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
Dicks may not sell a lot of guns, but the key is to find somewhere else to go for the stuff that they do sell. They're in a pretty competitive market, so unless there's a good reason to go there, probably should look elsewhere for your sporting equipment.

Mossberg and Springfield Armory have put their convictions ahead of their wallets. As hunters, we can do no less.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Good for them!

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Except for CO2 bottle refills, I stopped buying from them when after Newtown, they went snowflake on black guns. I doubt the suits that run the outfit could care less if any gun manufacturers leave them. They make their money on high margin, cheaply made Asian garments and pro sports ancillary items.

Divernhunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life member NRA and NAHC Escalon Sportsmans club, Manteca sportsman club and Coalinga Rifle Club. Member of SCI
Hunted
USA, RSA
I support the gun manufactures. I have bought a number of firearms from Dicks because of price and they are close to me. I will not go into their store again. I can do without Field & Stream also and never did deal with them.

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Good for Mossberg, hopefully more follow suit

PARA45

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Good on them! Now, if the ammo manufacturers will do the same to Dick's.

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Is this "Field and stream" the same as "Field and stream" famous sporting magazine?

JimP

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
Last edited by a moderator:

ArmyGrunt

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
I like Mossberg a lil more now

Don458

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA USPSA Brooklyn schuetzen corp
Dicks may not sell a lot of guns, but the key is to find somewhere else to go for the stuff that they do sell. They're in a pretty competitive market, so unless there's a good reason to go there, probably should look elsewhere for your sporting equipment.

Mossberg and Springfield Armory have put their convictions ahead of their wallets. As hunters, we can do no less.
Dicks opened a branch chain called Field &Stream which only sells shooting/Hunting and Fishing equipments the one by me is big and resembles a Bass pro shop style of store. Which is why it is strange their anti gun mentality? We have a large population of hunting/shooting enthusiasts in this area and ALL have vowed to not buy from them It’s almost like an Autozone store stating it will not sell parts for Ford/Chevy cars

Rock375

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada, Alaska, RSA, Namibia
I agree totally with others on this site. I live near New Orleans Louisiana and get out west to Lafayette on business were a huge Dicks and Field and Stream are co-located. Field and Stream is assume. They have a large Firearms selection as well as reloading supplies. I WILL NOT PATRONIZE THEM ANYMORE. There are other places to shop in Lafayette which are pro Second Amendment. As stated elsewhere, I will also never buy another Yeti.

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
Well done Mossberg!
If Dick's is looking for sporting goods to fill the void left by the empty shelves, I suggest they merge with the "Head Ski Company".
I will not buy there again...........FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erazerfoulk

Latest profile posts

Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
raamw wrote on krish's profile.
send me your email.