Mossberg Patriot .375 Ruger

And I will also add that 375 Ruger brass seem to last for many reloadings I bought 50 brass and separated into two lots. I figured I would shoot the first lot until they were done then I would have second lot to shoot while I found more brass. The first 25 are still in great shape even after 5-6 loadings. And very little trimming to keep them in spec.
Shawn

The Wood is decent but not all that FancyView attachment 232798

For the money paid, that is a pretty nice looking rifle...

Wood looks at least as good, if not better than some remington and winchester rifles I've seen that retail for double the price..

They are decent rifles but not without some flaws. They use the same stock for all the calibers they offer which is fine if you buy the largest caliber with the thickest barrel but not so good if your buying the Skinny stuff, My action and barrel were filthy and the cross brace was loose. The trigger guard and magazine are plastic but function quite well. The trigger is OK but need some work mine broke at 3.5lbs but felt gritty. When I bedded my barrel I made sure to also put some bedding about 3" down the barrel channel to give the stock some stability.
At the range the magazine fed the rounds without a problem. but shells didn't go flying when ejected. As for accuracy 6.5 Creedmoors are supposed to be accurate, I sight in at 200m and while it's not bad it's still a work in progress.
I still think they are a good value for the money and come with Weaver Bases which I pitched for some Leupolds

Last edited:
I have the Mossberg Patriot in .300 WM. I paid $249.99 brand because it was sitting at the gun store and no one wanted it. Out of the box I was grouping 3 rounds sub MOA at 100 yards. It did require trying a few different brands and bullet weights to do that with factory ammo. Even with Federal Power Shok 180s it groups near MOA at 100 yards. I just bought a Mossberg Patriot in .375 Ruger for $301 and change brand new from a trusted website.

I bought a Mossberg in 6.5 Creedmoor, the rifle needed a complete cleaning. Mossberg uses the same wood stock for a 6.5 as they use in the larger calibers, at the range the rifle wouldn't group so I actually had to add about 2 inches of bedding material to the stock to give the barrel some stability. After messing with some loads I'm happy to say it turned out to be a pretty good shooter
IMG_1908.jpg

HI! I would like to ask ROb404, please. I have ordered a .375 Ruger from Mossberg thru dealer here in Slovakia. Unfortunately they only make now the Synthetic models for 375. BUT the dealer has on sale a .270 Win in Patriot REVERE (which is a deluxe wood). So I was thinking to buy this 270 now and when I get later (perhaps in fall) the .375, could I switch the stocks on them (the wood is little heavier)!? Also for Africa I could just pack one stock and take both metal rifle parts, complementing the hunt wit 2 different rifle calibers - one lite and fast bullet and the other heavy and slow! Is this possible and simple to make? thanks a lot.

HI! I would like to ask ROb404, please. I have ordered a .375 Ruger from Mossberg thru dealer here in Slovakia. Unfortunately they only make now the Synthetic models for 375. BUT the dealer has on sale a .270 Win in Patriot REVERE (which is a deluxe wood). So I was thinking to buy this 270 now and when I get later (perhaps in fall) the .375, could I switch the stocks on them (the wood is little heavier)!? Also for Africa I could just pack one stock and take both metal rifle parts, complementing the hunt wit 2 different rifle calibers - one lite and fast bullet and the other heavy and slow! Is this possible and simple to make? thanks a lot.
I have the 375 Ruger in the Patriot with the black plastic stock and would have to guess that that plan would probably work except I’m not sure about the magazine. They make 3 different magazines short, long, and magnum which is same length as long but different feed lips I believe that the width is the same outside dimension just 1 less round 3 down instead of 4. I also believe that barrel dimensions are the same with.270 having flutes and the magnums not fluted. If not it wouldn’t take much time to float the 375. My plan was to replace the plastic stock with Boyd’s drop in stock in the future but I’m getting clover leaves at 100 yards so I’ll put up with plastic. If it isn’t broken don’t fix it for now I’m thinking. I believe my friend’s boy has a Patriot in 30-06 if I get a chance I’ll try my magazine in his mag well and check fit that way and get some barrel dimensions this weekend.
Shawn

I have one in 6.5 Creedmore and to be honest with you I’d pass the stock may be nice but they use the same stock for all calibers I also found the bolt sloppy. I got my creedmoor at a nice price so I took a chance. I’m not saying it’s junk mine shoots pretty good but I’d save the money and buy something better

Thanks Rob and particularly Shawn for trying out the 375 mag in 30-06. I appreciate that immensely. Is that 30.06 in a wooden stock?
What I now worry is that the woodstock has a crossbolt, while the synthetic has non! That could be a problem? The 270 in Revere has 24" barrel but is not fluted. The 375 is 22" also not fluted but open sights. regards, peter.

If I recall the plastic stock has a insert that is part of the bedding system but I believe that the wooden stock is milled to use same insert/ spacer and it is what holds magazine in place so if mags are the same outside dimensions it should be a simple remove 2 screws and swap barrels and install screws.
Shawn

Wonderful, thanks Shawn. If you are kind enough to check the magazine well and other dimensions, I,d appreciate. p.

HI Shawn. I just found on Mossberg STORE page, that Wooden long action stock is NOT compatible with .375 (I assume it includes the Euro stock). Only the Laminate long action stock with Reinforcement bolt, can be changed from synthetic! Shame, but thanks. peter.

Thanks Rob and particularly Shawn for trying out the 375 mag in 30-06. I appreciate that immensely. Is that 30.06 in a wooden stock?
What I now worry is that the woodstock has a crossbolt, while the synthetic has non! That could be a problem? The 270 in Revere has 24" barrel but is not fluted. The 375 is 22" also not fluted but open sights. regards, peter.
I don’t use synthetic stocks but so I’m not sure cross bracing is needed

Well, after further study on Mossberg Parts page it seems that all 3 groups (standard 30-06/270, magnum 7RM/300/338WM and 375 Ruger can use the same synthetic stock (with an extra rear action screw), but for the 375 Ruger the wood/laminate stock is different then for the other 2 groups!
The 3 groups have each unique Magazine and Guide assembly, but they are only 36 bucks each. Regards, P.

I have one in 6.5 Creedmore and to be honest with you I’d pass the stock may be nice but they use the same stock for all calibers I also found the bolt sloppy. I got my creedmoor at a nice price so I took a chance. I’m not saying it’s junk mine shoots pretty good but I’d save the money and buy something better
I toyed with a .308 Patriot Night Train at my buddys shop. Set the scope up for a fella, and I was very impressed. With Federal Fusion 165gr it put 5 shots right at one inch. Sure, the bolts are sloppy, but so are my Rugers lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois