Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA, SCI, NAHC, RMEF, NBU, WSF
Hunted
Namibia, RSA
Hello. I'm looking at using Moredou Taxidermy (very good prices) for my September hunt. Unsure if I'll be doing full taxidermy or dip & pack. I conducted a search of them but did not find anything recently. Have any of of used the recently (within past five years)? If yes, how did you find their service and quality of work. Would love to hear from you and see some of their work.
Thanks in advance.

I have used them in the past. They were okay…..a case of getting what you pay for. I wouldn’t recommend them.

I have used them in the past. They were okay…..a case of getting what you pay for. I wouldn’t recommend them.
X2
Used them as well, much better options out there.

My friend and I used them in 2017.

I’m hesitant to have anything mounted in Africa, but my friend was looking for a cheaper option. We toured their studio when we dropped off our animals and overall I was impressed with the quality; not perfection, but symmetrical and with added muscle tone.

The results were poor. His impala shoulder mount was good, the kudu shoulder mount was okay (the pose lacked fluidity), and my black springbok was terrible. The nose of the springbok isn’t even centered (taxidermy 101). The skull mounts all yellowed really bad indicating poor degreasing, and my blue wildebeest skull was oozing rancid grease from the horns when it arrived.

The company we hunted with no longer uses them because of even larger issues. I attempted to contact them and they responded the blue wildebeest was wet from preservation. I dropped it at that; lesson learned.

-Derrick

I used them in 2019 for dip/pack. Pikkie was able to pickup my trophies from two different outfitters and consolidate everything into one shipment. Everything was done professionally and I can recommend him without reservation. His prices are reasonable as he charges separately for skulls and hides. So since I only brought skulls and one cape instead of the normal $100 skull/cape it was $40 or $50 a skull which is cheap! He is the only taxidermy I’ve used who does that. His work was excellent. He also tanned a flat skin of my Tssessbe hide perfectly. I cannot comment on mounted animals but I know of an East Cape taxidermist who I would trust with mounts-African Animal Artistry- in Sommerset East. Moreedou is near Vryberg so anything from Kimberly north to Botswana border is do able. The skulls were good!
Matt

Thanks for the information. Looks like they are good for dip & pack but not for taxidermy.

Matt, I'll look into African Animal Artistry. Anyone else have other recommendations for taxidermy work.

Absolutely not— they were part and parcel in ruining a lion rug, which turned into a he said, she said with lots of finger pointing. End result I lost. I wouldn’t drop off a jackrabbit at any price

Check one of our own sponsors here Rocking G Ranch Taxidermist. I've seen his work on here, and he will be doing my mounts for my next year's safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,