Moon Phases for South Africa: Time to start planning your 2018 bow hunt!

Limcroma Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.limcroma.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
Limcroma web banner.jpg

It's hard to believe that another hunting season is well underway up in the Limpopo. We have hosted several rifle hunting guests already and our first bow hunters are due to arrive next week. Although we can host both our bow and rifle hunting guests anytime of the season, generally we recommend that our bow hunters plan their hunts between the months of May through September.

The size of our bow-only properties and the management plan we have in place assures great hunting opportunity all season. That said, our most serious bow hunters prefer to plan their safaris around the new (dark) moon phases of the driest months. A dark moon and a dry winter is the best combination to have those animals on their feet all hours of daylight in search of water and minerals.

The 2018 dark moon phases for southern Africa are as follows:

May 15
June 13
July 13
August 12
September 9

It is absolutely not too early to reserve dates for the 2018 hunting season with us at Limcroma. The 4-5 days leading up to, and 7-8 days after the new moon are the prime times to book your bow hunt. We already have several clients reserved for 2018, and the remaining dates will fill up as much as a year in advance. Please don't ever hesitate to contact us personally with your bow hunting or safari planning questions. We love to talk bow hunting, and it would be our pleasure to plan the best bow hunting experience of your life!

For the latest photos, happenings and information at Limcroma, don't forget to check us out on our FB page.

View attachment 177302

It's hard to believe that another hunting season is well underway up in the Limpopo. We have hosted several rifle hunting guests already and our first bow hunters are due to arrive next week. Although we can host both our bow and rifle hunting guests anytime of the season, generally we recommend that our bow hunters plan their hunts between the months of May through September.

The size of our bow-only properties and the management plan we have in place assures great hunting opportunity all season. That said, our most serious bow hunters prefer to plan their safaris around the new (dark) moon phases of the driest months. A dark moon and a dry winter is the best combination to have those animals on their feet all hours of daylight in search of water and minerals.

The 2018 dark moon phases for southern Africa are as follows:

May 15
June 13
July 13
August 12
September 9

It is absolutely not too early to reserve dates for the 2018 hunting season with us at Limcroma. The 4-5 days leading up to, and 7-8 days after the new moon are the prime times to book your bow hunt. We already have several clients reserved for 2018, and the remaining dates will fill up as much as a year in advance. Please don't ever hesitate to contact us personally with your bow hunting or safari planning questions. We love to talk bow hunting, and it would be our pleasure to plan the best bow hunting experience of your life!

For the latest photos, happenings and information at Limcroma, don't forget to check us out on our FB page.

Yup, and I'm one of them! Sure looking forward to 2018!! :) :)

Planning a year in advance is indeed the ticket to having a great hunt!

I love this kind of intel..... 18 bookings are already made for the most part.... let's get some 2019 moon data for us OCD planners!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!