Montana Rifle

@Montana Rifle Company - I corresponded with Dean prior to reading this thread. After reading it, I had all but given up on you guys and had started looking at other options. Your commitment to your customers has brought me back.

My in-laws live about halfway between Columbia Falls and Creston. Next time I'm up that way, it would be a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

doors wide open!
Ron

Guster,
have researched the issue and found that a complete refund was made on the gun in question in January of this year. while we did not meet your expectations , we did refund 100% IN AN EFFORT TO DO THE RIGHT THING!.
SO IT WAS RESOLVED AND I HOPE WE DO IT RIGHT THE NEXT TIME. there are not many companies who give refunds on guns purchased, the best any company in the US would do is resolve the problem-in this case the bolt over- gun is fixed but our retailer in Alberta asked for a refund as you insisted. So I am wondering why you are still sour-We honored your request.

I think that is a little rude! He is one of the new owners and yet he offered to fix or replace your gun when it was a problem of the previous owner. Sounds like a stand up guy to me. I understand you being pissed but hopefully whoever you dumped your gun on will read this forum and contact MRC.
Gun was returned and a full refund was given back in January. Gun is fixed, he just was soured on the issue- but MRC refunded 100% to Prohet River- the dealer. They sell tons of our guns.
so the issue was resolved months ago( before my time) but obviously G is still pissed. If he bought a US major manyufacturer gun there would be no refund for sure!

Guster,
have researched the issue and found that a complete refund was made on the gun in question in January of this year. while we did not meet your expectations , we did refund 100% IN AN EFFORT TO DO THE RIGHT THING!.
SO IT WAS RESOLVED AND I HOPE WE DO IT RIGHT THE NEXT TIME. there are not many companies who give refunds on guns purchased, the best any company in the US would do is resolve the problem-in this case the bolt over- gun is fixed but our retailer in Alberta asked for a refund as you insisted. So I am wondering why you are still sour-We honored your request.
Funny Guster never mentioned that part!!

I love my MRC 1999 in .338 RUM. When I was interested in ordering it in 2014, I inquired about a dealer in the Columbus OH area and not only were they helpful but made arrangements even before I ordered it. Then they told me it would be ten weeks and I received it in eight.
When I read some of these horror stories, I was surprised.
Ron, I hope your leadership can duplicate or exceed the experience I had when I order my next MRC.

Thanks for the comments- we're working on it!
You know, one ah-sh.., wipes out 100 atta boys! We deliver 150 plus guns a month- from that we have few issues- but goal is 100% customer satisfaction. That is hard as customers have different expectations. Our guns are a fraction of the cost of most custom rifles. But pretty doesn't always get the job done-- our action is the best in the industry, nad our accuracy is second to none-- so we start at the head of the pack! Customer service and product innovation has to keep us there!
ron

I suspect a bunch of us will be by your booth at the show. Thanks for taking the high road.

So what will be Guster's rebuttal to receiving a full refund that was never previously mentioned.. I hope he chimes in. Full refund.....now that is a rare occurence in today's market for a firearm from anyone. As I posted earlier, hunted in Nambia with a gentleman that had a 375 h h Montana rifle...very nice with the smoothest action and very well finished.

As Ron intimated, service second to none. If my finances were up to it,an SCR in 338 Norma Mag would be on order now.
This is unmatched good PR.

The refund was above board and very commendable BUT if you're planning on taking a specific rifle to Africa and have to switch horses in midstream, I can see the bitterness. As an example, a friend of mine had a Montana rifle ordered for an African hunt in May of '18. He ordered it in August of '17, supposed to be shipped in November '17. February '18 came and went, cancelled order. Now two months to get another rifle, reloads developed and dialed in. For him, never again a Montana.
As I posted before, best wishes for a successful turnaround. Just don't make promises that can't be delivered. An honest answer beats a line of feelgood bullshit.

Not being antagonistic, but I believe Ron has taken over Montana, well after this issue arose To expect a "fix it now!", and subject the man to tirades of condemnation/abuse is a bit much....

I once ordered a schultz and larsen and after nearly 12 months waiting just cancelled the order and bought something else. Never felt the need to bash them for it.

I'd consider a montana rifle someday if it fitted my needs. Moreso now that i know the customer service is as good as it is.

Guys,
I got broad shoulders, talk is cheap but I feel we will have one great company, delivering goods on time. One issue is trying to be a custom shop and at the same time deliver production rifles as we did with the NRA gun of the year. That order for 1200 guns in a 6-8 month timeframe waa perfect example of biting off more than one can chew- and pushed production of customers guns to the back on the line!! So with proper planning and increased capacity( we have added sever new HAAS CNC machines) adding to our QC department and hiring key people- we will deliver the goods timely and maintain the quality.
As all should know- we build every gun from the ground up- we make our own barrels from steel to finished- button rifled, hand lapped to perfection -so we still build them the old fashioned way- one at a time!!

we will be in Texas ant DSC and in Reno at SCI-- please stop by and meet out team!!
Ron

great!! I have a 7x57 marked 275 Rigby!!
How about both marked on the barrel so we can take 7x57 or 275 R marked brass?

If so, even at an additional cost this will be my youngest sons rifle for his first trip to Africa.

Guys,
I got broad shoulders, talk is cheap but I feel we will have one great company, delivering goods on time. One issue is trying to be a custom shop and at the same time deliver production rifles as we did with the NRA gun of the year. That order for 1200 guns in a 6-8 month timeframe waa perfect example of biting off more than one can chew- and pushed production of customers guns to the back on the line!! So with proper planning and increased capacity( we have added sever new HAAS CNC machines) adding to our QC department and hiring key people- we will deliver the goods timely and maintain the quality.
As all should know- we build every gun from the ground up- we make our own barrels from steel to finished- button rifled, hand lapped to perfection -so we still build them the old fashioned way- one at a time!!

we will be in Texas ant DSC and in Reno at SCI-- please stop by and meet out team!!
Ron
Sounds really positive, I love that "can do, WILL do" approach. Very best of wishes, Ron. Now, How do I convince my Bank ....

Had an ASR in 30/06 for a couple of years, an older model bought very cheap as a run-out deal. Around 400 through it without a problem, very accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vilianagmp

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg