Montana Rifle Company Safari Elite

A rifle is a tool.

Tools get used.

A used tool gets worn down and knocked around.

If your going to use it. Don't have all the fancy stuff done.

If your going to show it off. Buy the high end engraving.

Just my $.02.

After talking things out I’m keeping the pIain MRC for now and will be attempting to trade it for the Heym.
Just a thought...

You may make a better deal selling the 404J MRC outright, instead of trading it in.
There may be a few takers on this particular rifle I can think of...;)
Not sure what you had in mind for a price, but it has to be better than a dealer.
What would it hurt to give it a try?

Just a thought...

You may make a better deal selling the 404J MRC outright, instead of trading it in.
There may be a few takers on this particular rifle I can think of...;)
Not sure what you had in mind for a price, but it has to be better than a dealer.

Hey, I could be just like @TOBY458 and sell before I hunt with it:unsure:

If you’re interested, just shoot me a PM.:LOL:

Hey, I could be just like @TOBY458 and sell before I hunt with it:unsure:

If you’re interested, just shoot me a PM.:LOL:
I'm good on rifles for the moment.
Actually looking at another Blaser R8 in 375H&H.
Seems the Department of Finance approval is not forthcoming.
Probably because I already have a R8 in 375H&H.
...but you don't understand...this one is different.

Speaking of being just like @TOBY458...he could be interested...
You never know.

I'm good on rifles for the moment.
Actually looking at another Blaser R8 in 375H&H.
Seems the Department of Finance approval is not forthcoming.
Probably because I already have a R8 in 375H&H.
...but you don't understand...this one is different.

Hahaha I can sympathize. My wife is like that every time I come home with a new gun or suggest that I “need” a new one!

That Is a work of art. Although I’m personally not a fan, for myself, of gold inlays, I can appreciate the craftsmanship that went into it and if that is what you want... I’m glad you went for it. I just want to see a pic of the buff you shoot with it.

That Is a work of art. Although I’m personally not a fan, for myself, of gold inlays, I can appreciate the craftsmanship that went into it and if that is what you want... I’m glad you went for it. I just want to see a pic of the buff you shoot with it.

That’s the part I’m looking forward to the most!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.56.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.56.36 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.56.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.56.38 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.56.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 8.56.40 AM.png
    938.3 KB · Views: 158
does engraving and gold make it point better, hit harder, or be more accurate.
or does it put your mind in the wrong place?
when you have been there the thrill goes away.
bruce.

does engraving and gold make it point better, hit harder, or be more accurate.
or does it put your mind in the wrong place?
when you have been there the thrill goes away.
bruce.
No, probably not...
However, it can make a rifle "feel" better.
The same way some prefer wood & bluing to synthetic & stainless.

C'mon @bruce moulds, don't be afraid of your feelings. ;)

My preference is to not have anything too fancy on my rifles. Mostly because...well...I know me. They’re going to get scarred up. But then every scar has a story too.
Once you shoot that big buff you probably not think much on engraving. ;)
Good luck! I can’t wait to see the result!

Well, since I can't afford an engraved rifle, I thought I'd get some liquid gold and color in the caliber stamp on the barrel with it and maybe the "CZ 550" stamp on the left side of the receiver. That ought to be enough bling! Hopefully it won't rub off! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I have no idea why but engraving doesn’t float my boat: on a rifle, shotgun, handgun, my body or another persons body.

Good hand checkering on a stock does.
+1. Everyone around me has tattoos but me. I actually like them, but I'd rather spend the money on ammo or an additional rifle I don't need. Guess I'm wierd?

Out of my budget but something with well done engraving would be nice. Like a Buffalo .

I would like pretty rifles but i would be precious about scratching them.

+1. Everyone around me has tattoos but me. I actually like them, but I'd rather spend the money on ammo or an additional rifle I don't need. Guess I'm wierd?
No, you like rifles. Who needs a tattoo? What purpose do they serve?
Its fashionable now and people get them at any age, you don't even have to be young and stupid.
Don't waste your money on Tattoos, you will get plenty of support to justify more rifles , hell they even age better than your skin if you look after them and you can simply trade them on another when you don't have the budget to buy that next rifle you are thinking of.

Excessive engraving and gold / ivory / precious stone / abalone shell / etc. inlays, even overly intricate stock chequering patterns, on any type of firearm, rifle or otherwise, does not appeal to me.
If I were the wealthiest man on earth, I would not have any of my guns tarted up.

If Montana learned about some better iron sights I would be happy to have one. I do not care for engraving and some solid points have been made about the quality of the engraving. I firmly believe that a smooth mirror finish bluing beats tasteless or second rate engraving everytime. It actually downgrades the appeal of the firearm to me. I'll take God's engraving in the character of the wood stock and be suited just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg