Montana Rifle Company DGR 505 Gibbs review

A left hand AHR in .404 Jeff in Zambia, just waiting for me to visit.... hmm.... :whistle:

sure we can hide the price of it in the overall charges somehow.....;) or you could go back to how you used to do it and have a go with a proper handed one :D

sure we can hide the price of it in the overall charges somehow.....;) or you could go back to how you used to do it and have a go with a proper handed one :D

I still know how to work those right side bolts I promise you!!! And somehow I seem to always remember which side the current rifle has it on. Just don't want to forget at the very wrong time!!! Yikes!!

Wayne put his single stage trigger, 3 pos M70 type safety and straightened out and filled the bolt handle on my 500 Jeffery about 7 year ago. He did a great job as always.

Wayne put his single stage trigger, 3 pos M70 type safety and straightened out and filled the bolt handle on my 500 Jeffery about 7 year ago. He did a great job as always.

one of the routes i was considering was to buy a used CZ 550 in 505 Gibbs and sending it to AHR for their #2 upgrade package. im still trying to convince @ActionBob to send his 505 Gibbs to AHR to be upgraded.

in the end i couldnt find a reasonably priced used CZ so i just ordered a rifle strait from AHR.

-matt

hes got the 375 H&H marked as "sold" so you will have to settle for the 404 Jeffery. ;)

-matt

I knew you'd appreciate the humor in my WR comment.
And, who are these people that can afford a bolt action rifle for $30,000.US anyway?

The same who, once bored with their new WR bolt action, will drop $200,000 on a new double, I presume.

Still dreaming of a 505 Gibbs. I carry a cartridge in my pocket, most every day, a friendly little reminder.

finally after MUCH fighting and a few threats to go to court, i have finally gotten "most" of my money back. the pawn shop agreed to give me $1830 of the $2200 i paid and i decided to take it instead of taking them to court. i have too many problems at the moment to be dealing with court so this had to be an acceptable loss.

this entire experience was absolutely miserable and i would STRONGLY recommend you NOT deal with Montana Rifle Company or Pawn Fathers (pawn shop)!

learn from my mistakes please.
-Matt

Glad it's come to an end matt, you should have got more of your money back then that. But you can put it behind you and move on.

Well Matt, glad you got at least some closure. I know if Montana Rifles cared at all about future business, they would send you the balance, they will lose much more in the long run. Thanks for the update.

The Pawn shop is acting like spoiled kids... There are probably actual laws against what they did by refusing to refund sales tax and the full amount... But Matt at least you can move ahead..... Good thing to not be stubborn to your own demise... I would have ended up spending at least $2500 getting the rest of the money out of the bastards! Just to spite them :mad::confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Matt I am so glad you got some of your money back! Trust me I learned from you......no Montana Rifle Company stuff fir me! Period! They treated you wrong!
I think we should all bump this thread from time to time so that anyone even thinking about buying something from them will at least read the reports on how poor their customer service is and frankly the shoddy workmanship.

But, were the site to do that, they'd likely be sued for libel or slander.

they can only sue you for slander or Libel if anything said is not true.

-matt

I've got over 100 rounds through mine with no issues so far, when I called them with a shipping issue they were quick to offer a replacement, I declined as this is a rifle to use and abuse, it will see many scratches in it's life. I notified them as more of a FYI your shipping department sucks, not that they had ruined my life. I am lucky enough that I do sales for a FFL on the side and dealt with MRC directly. I believe if it were me dealing with the pawn shop I would have given them the options of
A)Return my money in full
B)File the front sight off of the DGR prior to me stuffing it up their ass to minimize tearing.
C)File a complaint with the Better Business bureau about them stealing my sales tax money.
If I were running MRC, I would have handled this whole situation differently for sure.
A)Try to make customer happy by at least making the repair timely.
B)If I could not satisfy the customer with a new rifle, I would refund his money
immediately.
C)I would black ball the retailer for unethical(probably illegal) business practices.
The only time I have ever had an issue like this was a Weatherby that I purchased after a summer of working daylight til dark to make enough money to buy it. I still have bad taste for the rifles after all these years. I guess all of the build up leading to a heart breaking ending will do that to a guy.
Much like my first wife, that rifle was beautiful to look at but was not worth a damn on paper. The retailer I bought the rifle from would not work with me on the rifle, besides ship it back and forth to the factory three times. I finally gave up and we took the rifle to a store and traded it in on another rifle of different manufacture. I still feel bad about the way that was handled. Long story short, there are two men out there that should be pissed at me, the one that got that rifle and the one that got that wife.
Cheers,
Cody

they can only sue you for slander or Libel if anything said is not true.

-matt

Picking nits here, but that is most definitely not true. Anybody can sue anyone for just about anything. In order to prevail in court in a slander or libel suit a plaintiff must (probably) prove statements were made that are untrue. And actually they may have to have been knowingly untrue.
People sue others every day knowing they can't possibly prevail in court. Very few suits ever actually make it to trial. Defending junk lawsuits costs people billions every year.

Picking nits here, but that is most definitely not true. Anybody can sue anyone for just about anything. In order to prevail in court in a slander or libel suit a plaintiff must (probably) prove statements were made that are untrue. And actually they may have to have been knowingly untrue.
People sue others every day knowing they can't possibly prevail in court. Very few suits ever actually make it to trial. Defending junk lawsuits costs people billions every year.

So true brother! If it wasn't for all the frivolous law suits, insurance would be a couple hundred bucks a month, a visit to the Dr wouldn't put you in the poor house, Ruger wouldn't have a damn novel press rolled into their guns and we would get a functional trigger off the shelf. If we could go back to the days when a mans word and a handshake were good enough to do business on and you didn't have to weight the consequences that come with uppercutting somebody that could really use to make them see the error of their ways. We just might be able to get back on track in this Country!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois