Montana Rifle Co.

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
Montana Rifle Co. makes a very reasonably priced ($2000) bolt gun chambered in 505 Gibbs. from talking with them via email it seems like the rifle would have most of the features id like. but ive heard many people say reliable bolt guns in this cartridge are never this cheap which leads me to question the rifles reliability.

what is your experience with this company? are their large bore rifles reliable?

thank you
-matt

Matt85 I know nothing about these folks at all. Wish I could help there. I wouldn't discount them until some others chimed in here. One thought would be to ask the maker if they have references. Do they have a web site?

they have a website http://www.montanarifleco.com/ but its currently down. they have also been very quick to respond to my emails which i really like. the gentleman ive been in contact via email tells me they have a lifetime warranty on both workmanship and materials used. he also told me i should expect 1 MOA or better accuracy out of all their rifles.

they seem pretty upstanding but i wanted to hear from you guys first.

-matt

I have a 404 Jeffrey from them. Bought in 2010. Used on a Buff, Elephant and a Sable in Zim. Rifle worked fine. No issues. Have put probably 50 rounds through it.

Remington Purchased them recently and since then the web has been down.

I have a 375 H & H and the rifle shoots well. I have call to talk about the rifle and they are very helpful.

I have been looking at getting one in 416 Rigby and they assured me if there were issues that they would make the repairs necessary to make the rifle work. Turn around time is outstanding i will say.

their website is back up and running for any one who's interested.

i went ahead and ordered one of their DGR models in 505 Gibbs. they told me the build time would be 8-12 weeks so it looks like i will be waiting for a little bit.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross