Montana Rifle Co African.....on the way...

nksmfamjp look forward to seeing your finished product. As you might recall, I have one in 375 and have had trouble using the open sights. Could you tell me which open sights will be included in your build? I'm really looking for an alternative to what's on mine so interested in what is on offer now.
Thanks
Frank

nksmfamjp-
I put one together using a MRC 99 action. The stock is a NOS Winchester M70 walnut from late New Haven manufacture. Simple drop-in fit with minor relief. Full length bedded with aluminum pillars. The front and rear sights are NECG along with the barrel band sling swivel- (no issues using the open sights). Simple canvas web and light leather sling. Two piece scope mounts with Leopold FXII 2.5. Lilja barrel with fairly stout contour- 1.25" at breech and .8" at muzzle. Chambered in 450 Watts (very similar to the 458 Lott). Total weight unloaded is 11 lbs. Yours will likely be somewhat lighter weight but I doubt it would be lighter than 8 or 9 lbs. A lot depends on the barrel dimensions and stock density. 11 lbs is not too light with this rifle when shooting off bench with full poop loads- the same would be true with the Lott. Off hand or off sticks not so much an issue. The scope is mounted to give max eye relief and has an eye relief of 4.9 inches. I just blued mine with a dark blue and didn't do anything to the bolt other than blue the handle and shroud. I've never heard of putting a dimensioned coating of any kind on the inside of an action nor on a bolt body --huh??

450 Watts .png

Last edited:
Well, I really wanted this to go better. At this point, there is no order with MRC.....we’ll just leave it at that.

Yikes!

Well, I really wanted this to go better. At this point, there is no order with MRC.....we’ll just leave it at that.

uh oh... Do tell?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg