Montana: Outfitting Services Suspended

Fred Gunner

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Montana Requires All Out-of-State Travelers to Self-Quarantine; Outfitting Services Suspended
In response to the continuing health crisis caused by COVID-19, Governor of Montana Steve Bullock has issued a directive essentially closing Montana to interstate travel. All travelers entering the state from another state or country for non-work-related reasons are required to immediately self-quarantine for 14 days. Montanans are also under stay-at-home orders, and all nonessential businesses have been closed through April 10th.

The Montana Outfitter Guides Association sought an exception to the order, offering implementation of a strict set of protocols to ensure safety of clients and staff, but the governor’s office denied that request.

Although the suspension of business operations and mandatory quarantine of visitors is currently through April 10, expectations are that the orders will be extended. SCI members with booked early-season trips to Montana should contact their operator to discuss possible alternatives.

https://www.safariclub.org/blog/mon...elf-quarantine-outfitting-services-suspended?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 2.06.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 2.06.00 PM.png
    731.9 KB · Views: 119
Montana Requires All Out-of-State Travelers to Self-Quarantine; Outfitting Services Suspended
In response to the continuing health crisis caused by COVID-19, Governor of Montana Steve Bullock has issued a directive essentially closing Montana to interstate travel. All travelers entering the state from another state or country for non-work-related reasons are required to immediately self-quarantine for 14 days. Montanans are also under stay-at-home orders, and all nonessential businesses have been closed through April 10th.

The Montana Outfitter Guides Association sought an exception to the order, offering implementation of a strict set of protocols to ensure safety of clients and staff, but the governor’s office denied that request.

Although the suspension of business operations and mandatory quarantine of visitors is currently through April 10, expectations are that the orders will be extended. SCI members with booked early-season trips to Montana should contact their operator to discuss possible alternatives.

https://www.safariclub.org/blog/mon...elf-quarantine-outfitting-services-suspended?

Dang looks like hunting this year is a bust!

Dang looks like hunting this year is a bust!
Never say Die...
Ok, so the Pope Brothers just let me move my West Texas Mountain lion hunt from this month to October...
I'm hunting by God!!!
Just that Driving across country on endless miles of deserted highways sporting New York State license plates could maybe draw unwanted attention??? Just Maybe?

Maybe Fredo's brother will give you a letter of transit, Fred.........FWB

spring turkey season is comming up on may first, and i with be hunting or in handcuff,s.

DSCN0502 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Leslie....I'm with you in PA. Just watched a gobbler and seven hens walk through the back yard and fly up to roost on the ridge behind the house. I'll have my coffee early and stand on the porch to see if "talks."

tuesday i watched three gobblers strut and fan for about 10 minutes where i hunt, i was about 400 yards watching thru my 8x30 bio,s. i,ll be there on opening day at 5:45 am waiting for them.

If MT lifts the interstate travel restrictions I will be bear hunting end of April if not caulk it up for another busted trip.

This thread is from 10-11 months ago?

Been through chunks of MT in Jan. Seemed like business as usual around Billings and Bozeman areas. Nothing besdies the normal mask restrictions. Should be good to go.
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg