Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
Recently back from our annual fly fishing pilgrimage out West. This year, we fished 6 rivers in 3 States, and we could not have asked for better weather or more cooperative fish...! Here are a few of the highlights from the trip:

IMG_0723.jpg
IMG_0727.jpg
IMG_2831.jpg
IMG_2796.jpg
IMG_3885.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3882.jpg
IMG_2880.JPG
IMG_3869.jpg
IMG_3897.jpg
IMG_3804.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some dandy fish y'all got into!

Great scenery and some nice fish! Thanks for sharing!

Nice!
Which rivers?

In Montana, we fished the Blackfoot, the Bitterroot, the Clark Fork, and the Yellowstone. In Idaho, I fished the Lochsa, and in Wyoming we fished the Big Horn. I probably also fished another half-dozen spring creeks all over the place.

Wonderful
Which flies were in demand ?

Wonderful
Which flies were in demand ?

Mostly any hopper pattern would get smashed... I also got a few afternoons with some tricos and caught a few on tiny dry flies too...

IMG_3103.jpg
IMG_2369 (2).JPG

(y)

one of my livedreams is : three days fly fishing around the Teton Range
( and than a cattle drive :) )

At the right time hopper fishing is wonderful and it looks like you hit it perfect! I love hopper fishing! It hit some fine rivers that are noted for great fishing.
It caught a really nice variety of fish! Congratulations! I’m envious and I live out west!

Very nice. Great pics. Looks like another great trip out west.
Bruce

Some nice Trout there

(y)

one of my livedreams is : three days fly fishing around the Teton Range
( and than a cattle drive :) )

If you ever come to realize that dream, 3 days is not enough.... You need to fish the Snake River on the Wyoming side, then the South Fork of the Snake from the Idaho (Swan Valley) side. Then, you need to float the Henry's Fork though Box Canyon... The views of the Tetons from the Snake on the Wyoming side are truly breathtaking... It's one of the most beautiful and memorable floats you will ever have. If you can do it in the Fall, even better...

montana-idaho-wyoming 9-06 029.jpg

montana-idaho-wyoming 9-06 033.jpg

Last edited:
I really enjoyed your excellent photos!
I have been fortunate enough to have fished every one of these, but only wading. Float trips are awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg