Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, USA: NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, TX, AZ, MT, WY, AK
Me and another member drew today and the fun begins. We missed the permit deadlines so only have access to general areas. This will be my 1 big hunt for this year with all this covid stuff.

looking for any advice on places to scout on onx or tips or local knowledge. We plan to pack in and not afraid to hike in a good distance to find elk/deer.

thanks
Dale

Best of luck hunting in Montana! It’s a pretty state with a lot of open country! There is a lot of public land but road access gets bad if it’s raining. Montana has a good hunt plan website to do research. Some of the hunts really depend on the weather. The better you are in shape the happier you will be.

Do you have an area of the state you are interested in? Will you get any scouting trips before you hunt? How many days do you plan to hunt? Horses or ATV? Do you do your own butchering? What dates will you hunt?
The FWP is generally very helpful.

+1 on the bad roads if it's raining or snowing.

Hunting can be good if it snows heavy early in the higher country. Just have to be prepared for it.

We will be back packing on foot. Have 7 days to hunt. Would bone out on the mountain to ease load coming out. We havnt locked into dates or parts of states. We looked around Helena area based on articles but nothing really decided. Unfortunately no scouting, I’m in TX and other guys in SC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillGl

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg