Montana Deer Hunting Ideas?

nksmfamjp

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
MT, OH
I have hunted Montana my whole life. I don’t live there anymore, but dad does. I still go back to hunt public land or public access land and the hunting is ok, but can be a bit of a struggle. They don’t mind as they can go out every day being retired!

If I were looking for a place around Columbus or Bozeman that had some kind of limited access pay to play hunting, how would I find this place. Basically, I’d like to get some friends to hunt a decent place with me, I think $500 for 5 days for access, no guide, would be fine. I know these places exist, but how do I find them?

I’m not interested in a premium guided hunt. Not my budget or cup of tea.

There is still some fine hunting south of Columbus around Nye. Just got to get off the roads further than the road hunters can shoot. The days of knocking on a ranchers door for access are all but gone.

We pay $1,000 a gun for 5 days on a 12.5k acre E MT ranch. Ranch has Pronghorn, Whitetail and Mule Deer. MD are small, WT are very nice. Comes with a small cabin to stay in. Found it by networking... Ask, ask, ask. Another thought is to look for a BMA that takes reservations. Last time I hunted SW, there were a few around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross