Model 70 Super Express - Replaced walnut with synthetic

curtism1234

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
What did I do :A Stars:

Picked up a synthetic stock from wyatt on the forum and put it on my New Haven 375

It went from 9.03 pounds to 8.46 pounds - 10 ounce drop. I thought it would be more, but feels good and points just as good so I'll see how it shoots. Might have it painted olive with black webs.

Ain't she beautiful :A Popcorn:

20200725_133344.jpg

Nice looking rig.
Did you do the bedding or is this not required?

It wasn’t bedded on my rifle and shot better than I could. I honestly didn’t like this stock at first, so I ordered a McMillan. McMillan has a 6 month wait to receive the stock. In those six months it really grew on me, I like them now.

It slid right in. There is a lot of pressure on the bottom of the barrel right at the forearm. That may not be a terrible thing, I'm going to see how it shoots before sanding anything.

I support this rifle right on the bottom metal so it's far enough away from the forearm that my grip may not affect it. Also I'll sling the front on the barrel.

I owned the stainless version of this rifle, and I loved the feel of that stock. The reduction in weight is no concern at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg