Model 70 Classic LH - sculpted bolt release?

Nevada Mike

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
Just got my new-in-box .375 H&H Model 70 Classic Safari Express today. Of course the Model 70 bottom metal that Ted Blackburn gave me years ago is juuust a little too short. Stuck out there.

I'd also like to find a sculpted, checkered LH bolt release for this rifle. Anybody know where i might start looking?

Thanks.

Mike

Mike,
Try Wisner, I know he makes them but not sure if he does them for a left hand action.

I'd also like to find a sculpted, checkered LH bolt release for this rifle. Anybody know where i might start looking?

Thanks.

Mike
You have one on your rifle, you just have to get it sculpted and checkered and it is a left handed one to boot ;)

Thanks to you both.

Mike I saw this question elsewhere and though it may be of some interest to you. Of course I cant post the link but think there is enough info here to go forward . If you can locate the Chad Dixon in Sturgis it may be of some help.
---------------------------
I have seen photos of Model 70 Classics that have a nice little tab of metal attached to the top of the bolt release and checkered or in some other way decorated.

Who does this work and approximately how much does it cost?
----------------------------
Jim Wisner, don't remember cost but reasonable (as @Proneshooter says)
I have done a few. Glob on some weld with a wire feed Mig welder. Shape it up with a belt sander then get a metal checkering tool from Brownells. It's not very hard to do. Oh you have to blue it of course.

Sorry the wide flared Goen style bolt stops I make are only for the Pre 1964 action.

I do not make any for any of the post 1964 actions

J Wisner

--------------------------------
Chad Dixon in Sturgis SD.

He has a lot of parts set up on CNC.
--------------------------------------------
what does it take to modify them for the post 64 Classic Rifles?
-------------------------------------
Way back, we just built up a blob with weld, then filed to shape
----------------------------------------

Mike,
Try Wisner, I know he makes them but not sure if he does them for a left hand action.
Maybe one in , one hundred

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Thank you, Von Gruff.

Chris... I have those moments myself.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElvisHertz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!