Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
Has anyone heard of this being down or if it would even work?

Ruger phone changed it to driver.

Lenny if your looking for something bigger I know where you can get a 458 Lott at a great price!

My phone does that to me, too. Ducking autocorrect!

416 rigby .....why anything else ? Indeed stalking friend and i bless her she is young ebery cartridge she came up with i came up with one before the war 1st that is 244 HH 300 HH 375 HH....a couple if nights later ssme again with same subject 2nd WW 6.5x68 8x68 and 9.3x62 or 64 or 74r .......

Pretty much sorted

Oh I don't really need one as I have a 450/400. I just notice that there are a lot of Model 70's in 458 cal. out there and it looks like they could easily be rebarreled to the 416 Ruger. I just like the Model 70 a little better than the Ruger African and it would be something different.:A Banana:

You would have to change the bolt face. The 458 is a belted magnum and the 416 Ruger is not. 416 Remington would be very simple.

Oh I don't really need one as I have a 450/400. I just notice that there are a lot of Model 70's in 458 cal. out there and it looks like they could easily be rebarreled to the 416 Ruger. I just like the Model 70 a little better than the Ruger African and it would be something different.:A Banana:

Does a Model 70 in 416 Rem not interest you? They are readily available too.

You would have to change the bolt face. The 458 is a belted magnum and the 416 Ruger is not. 416 Remington would be very simple.

?????? Both bolt faces are .532.
Rebarrel,

Could have an issue with feeding as the Ruger is a fatter case (same diameter as the belt on a 458 Win Mag)

I wanted to build a 416 Taylor (based on the 458 case) but would do a 416 Ruger if brass was available from multiple sources.

If you check the SAAMI specs the 458 Win Mag and 416 Ruger are damn close where it matters, where contact with the rails will play a role. So, you might not have to do anything, that way and may get away with simply setting the headspace after the barrel is screwed down tight.

If you check the SAAMI specs the 458 Win Mag and 416 Ruger are damn close where it matters, where contact with the rails will play a role. So, you might not have to do anything, that way and may get away with simply setting the headspace after the barrel is screwed down tight.
That what I was hoping.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 5.20.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 5.20.33 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 313
That's interesting but I think I can do it cheaper

You definitely wouldn't have to change the bolt face. Hornady and Ruger designed the 375 and 416 Ruger to work in standard actions with the same bolt face diameter of a standard belted mag cartridge. It's amazing how much power can be had in such a tidy package isn't it?

Yes, like purchase a Win 70 in 416 Rem Mag NIB or ASNIB thru GB- many listed in the 1200 price range. :)
That's true but it wouldn't be as much fun. Besides I am not a fan of belted cases

That's interesting but I think I can do it cheaper

It depends upon what the seller has established as the minimum they'll accept. If 1,400 dollars (if I'm reading it right), given the barrel band front sight (the rear looks to be standard which, if so, also happens to be a NECG product but not one you'd need to buy), not to mention the stock (which is also presumably not needed but not of the same quality), it would at best be a push (as you'll need reamers, gauges, and so on...might be able to rent them but then again you might not).

Forgot to mention the Talley bases, too (if you plan on a scope, now or some day). Those put it at about a dead even, I would say.

Forgot to mention the Talley bases, too (if you plan on a scope, now or some day). Those put it at about a dead even, I would say.
Maybe better take a closer look. It is a pre-64

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross