Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 7.33.39 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 7.33.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 7.33.43 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 7.33.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 7.33.47 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 166
Matthew does great work and is a great guy to work with, he did custom bases for my pre64 338 win mag and has a video of the machining somewhere

Matthew does great work and is a great guy to work with, he did custom bases for my pre64 338 win mag and has a video of the machining somewhere
That Synthetic/Case Color was interesting .. anyway, asap correspondence from him & certainly will accommodate your request! Beautiful work.

The Hatari is a gorgeous rifle! Really looks like the new Mauser.

I spoke with Matt about making me an integral barrel for a 404 build after seeing his videos online. I ended up buying a complete rifle, but the dream of an MNR barrel still lives in my mind… someday. Amazing craftsman.

MNR, or Matt is receptive, returning emails asap, considerate & still willing to take on requests. They certainly seem to do some beautiful work.

He's willing to recreate an unorthodox request: Belly Floor Plate .500

Last edited:
MNR does build very nice rifles. The prices may be a little better than other, similar, custom builders. I would certainly have him on my list of prospective builders for any new rifle project.

Another enthusiastic thumbs up for MNR Custom. Matt is a really good guy and great to work with. Very responsive to calls and emails and he does top quality work. I bought my custom GMA .404 Jeffery from him and he has one of my M70’s currently for re-barreling.
It also instills confidence that he has hunted Africa and understands the requirements of Dangerous Game rifles.

Matt is a really good guy. He chambered and installed my barrel, made the quarter rib for my 30-06, contoured the rear tang of my model 70 and made a firing pin for it since I could not find one. he also fit the barrel band and front sight for me. Always super responsive and extremely high quality work. He is and will be one of the forerunners in custom rifle in America for a long time.

Man if I had PARA45's money I'd jump on that single shot he's got for sale. WOW!!!

AHR's email is not working, here at least. Anyway, separate thread.

Matt has been the only one willing to take this on, as a similar project. The goal was to reach out for this month of April, but circumstances dictate .. I'm not that particular, it doesn't have to be specific to Dorleac or Fourie's examples. However, this is the idea. SSB, 22" 'c Barrel Band .. rough measurements, Stainless/Walnut. If he's still willing, he can run with it ..
steve.png

Last edited:
He just finished converting this 505 Gibbs to 500 Jeffery for me. Bolt face was broken and wasn’t enough left to salvage the larger rim of the Gibbs without risking another failure on the bolt face.

View attachment 528772View attachment 528773

Beautiful rifle! That's the reason I chose to get my CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery. I felt the bolt face on the CZ was quite large enough for the 505 Gibbs. No regrets.

I spoke with Matt about making me an integral barrel for a 404 build after seeing his videos online. I ended up buying a complete rifle, but the dream of an MNR barrel still lives in my mind… someday. Amazing craftsman.
To quote "the dream of an MNR Barrel" .. just curious if you care to explain a little more about that.
Many Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg