Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
I had a good friend in town who is also my favorite guide in Montana visiting for a couple of days, and we were fortunate enough to have some calm seas to get out and do a little ocean fishing with him. We had a mixed bag including a couple of blackfin tunas, a couple of nice bottom fish, and the highlight of the trip was a really nice sailfish for my buddy Nate. (his first).....

Seared tuna appetizer, snapper tacos, and a few cold beers completed a pretty good day on the water.

nate sail 2.JPG

tuna.jpg

mutton.jpg

Nice! A fishing trip to Florida is high on my bucket list.

Very nice, congrats!

Nice day out on the water.

Wow looks like you had a fun trip.

I have never saltwater fished at all but want to take the kid to. Is the fishing any good in jan or feb. around Miami or do you need to head to the key area that early. I know that bass fishing is good in jan but not sure about saltwater

Nice fishing!

I have never saltwater fished at all but want to take the kid to. Is the fishing any good in jan or feb. around Miami or do you need to head to the key area that early. I know that bass fishing is good in jan but not sure about saltwater

billc,

The winter offshore fishing can be very good in the Miami area, but it can be hit or miss on the weather. The passing of fronts bring these migratory fish through our area, and with the fronts comes wind. It can be a bumpy ocean during the passing of a front, but the fishing can be red hot.... Especially for the sailfish... The day we had in the picture would be an off day. We had warm temps, a southeast wind, and no current. We did have lots of good live bait which was the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois