Mission work and Hunting Africa

Tim Balding

Reaction score
Hunted
US, Canada
Hi all...
My name is Tim and I’m the Director of Design/Architect for a Christian NGO called GoDesign Inc. We build schools and medical facilities in Ethiopia and Uganda. I’m also an avid hunter! I typically travel to Africa about (3) times a year for our mission work and have always wanted to tag on an African safari hunt to one of these trips. My next trip will be this September/October and I know it’s late to plan but would love to know if anyone has availability for this timeline. From my initial research it looks like I should start with a plains animal combo hunt but I’m up for advice and alternatives.
Best,
Tim

Welcome to AH Tim! Glad you found us.

Welcome to AH and best of luck in finding the pg hunt you want. Plenty of outfitters here on AH should be able to oblige you. You can get to most hunting countries in southern Africa fairly easily out of Addis.

On your next trips to Ethiopia and Uganda, start asking around about resident hunting, and if there are locals that might be able to take you hunting. I don't know the laws in Ethiopia and Uganda, but you might be able to work the system and get a resident visa on an upcoming trip and be able to hunt for a substantially reduced rate. Ethiopia and Uganda are both fairly expensive hunting locations for the nonresident.

Also feel free to post photos of some of the schools and medical facilities you have been involved in. We would love to see some of your work.

Thanks for the quick response Wheels... yeah hunting in Ethiopia and Uganda via traditional pro hunting services are way out of my league. I’ll take your advice on resident hunts... any one have experience with this? Where to ask around?
Cost being a major factor for me (I’m a missionary)... I was thinking of flying into South Africa or Namibia for a week long hunt then traveling to Uganda and back home after work.

Some photos from The Hope Center for Children with Disabilities... I’m the North East / Afar region of Ethiopia.

EAC14302-235C-4A74-BA51-D600C9EE00D9.jpeg
0DF20214-D384-47B1-98AE-1DECD6B39AD7.jpeg
221541DB-6ED4-4784-B2F1-D8B6C6BEAF1A.jpeg
3F4105DE-C756-4ED6-8506-2D9D8E6E7F2A.jpeg

Thanks for the quick response Wheels... yeah hunting in Ethiopia and Uganda via traditional pro hunting services are way out of my league. I’ll take your advice on resident hunts... any one have experience with this? Where to ask around?
Cost being a major factor for me (I’m a missionary)... I was thinking of flying into South Africa or Namibia for a week long hunt then traveling to Uganda and back home after work.

Residents may not be able to hunt in Ethiopia and Uganda. At points in the past, they have obviously been able to hunt however. You might check to see what department of the government has oversight and contact them when you are in Addis or Kampala, if you can't find them by internet. Also check your local district or regional offices because they probably have people involved with wildlife that might be able to give you answers. If there are local hunters around, ask for them. The locals will know who hunts in their area. Then find out if a resident visa will allow you to hunt as a resident. You would probably have to use a local's firearm as bringing your own may be out of the question.

Thanks for posting the photos. It looks like you have good masons and concrete finishers.

Hi all...
My name is Tim and I’m the Director of Design/Architect for a Christian NGO called GoDesign Inc. We build schools and medical facilities in Ethiopia and Uganda. I’m also an avid hunter! I typically travel to Africa about (3) times a year for our mission work and have always wanted to tag on an African safari hunt to one of these trips. My next trip will be this September/October and I know it’s late to plan but would love to know if anyone has availability for this timeline. From my initial research it looks like I should start with a plains animal combo hunt but I’m up for advice and alternatives.
Best,
Tim

Welcome to AH! There is hunting available in Uganda and @JKO Hunting Safaris could help you with that. But as mentioned it is on the pricy side due to government fees, similar situation as in Tanzania. If you'd like to come to South Africa during your travels to the continent, we can certainly help you with less expensive hunt there.

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Hi Tim,

Welcome to AH!
We are a hunting safaris company in Namibia, and I agree with you that a plainsgame hunt will be perfect to begin with.
If you are at all interesting in hunting in Namibia, we will be able to arrange a hunt for you in the September/October timeframe.
We have several hunting areas in Namibia. Please email me at info@jamyhunt.com if you would like information on what we have to offer.

Kind Regards,
Kirsten
Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris

Welcome to AH ! We have availability in your window , we would be honored to have you join us around the campfire. PM list of animals or checkout the deals and offers to see if anyehingbto your liking or go to website on link below for list of packages we have.

Welcome to AH, Tim!

Welcome welcome welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg