Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
P&y, nwtf
so I have developed a trigger finger in my left thumb. I rested it for 5 months and received two separate cortisone shots. I got cleared to shoot again and shot ten arrows. Two days latter my damn thumb is locked up again. It is worse then before and I can not move it st all. Has this ever happened to anyone. Any tips on preventing this. I'm afraid that if I can not prevent it I will be unable to shot again

Last edited by a moderator:
You right handed or left?

Hope you get well and get shooting!

Any docs on the forum that might help?

Only thing I can think that may reduce overuse injury is using a Bow Sling and see if totally relaxing your hand would help you avoid a repeat.

Wish you luck.

I had trigger finger in my right middle finger. For a pistol shooter that is a bad thing. As I recall it is caused by an inflamed nerve or tendon I don't remember which. My Doc. gave me some pills to take, it eventually went away.

thanks. I am going to try to pad a bit next time I shoot but it took me months to get over this the last time

I'm going in for a operation on my right hand for this, hoping it's ok by the time I go to Africa. I been fighting this for 5 years time to get it done

Are
I'm going in for a operation on my right hand for this, hoping it's ok by the time I go to Africa. I been fighting this for 5 years time to get it done
Are they just doing a release. The cortisone does nothing but a temporary fix. I might consider this

Only thing I can think that may reduce overuse injury is using a Bow Sling and see if totally relaxing your hand would help you avoid a repeat.

Wish you luck.
The way I understand it is it is like carpal tunnel in the thumb. The only way I can describe it is it feels like you jabbed your thumb real bad. Mine is caused from where the bow puts pressure on the tendon at the base of the thumb

Best wishes to you Fire652. I hope you can resolve this

@Fire652 sorry to hear that. I don't know of any fix but that sounds awful to take months off and then have it come back after 10 shots. If you opt for surgery make sure you will have full range of motion. Sometimes fixing it stops the pain but limits what you can do.

@Fire652 sorry to hear that. I don't know of any fix but that sounds awful to take months off and then have it come back after 10 shots. If you opt for surgery make sure you will have full range of motion. Sometimes fixing it stops the pain but limits what you can do.
That is a great point.

I take it you are shooting a back tension release ..... maybe switch to a hurricane trigger ?
Glen

I take it you are shooting a back tension release ..... maybe switch to a hurricane trigger ?
Glen
It is called trigger finger but it is affecting my left thumb (hand I hold bow). It is an issue with the tendon sliding through the sheath that surrounds the tendon. The tendon becomes inflamed and over time scarred and can not glide through the sheath currently my finger is locked in a straight position

Are

Are they just doing a release. The cortisone does nothing but a temporary fix. I might consider this

They are doing a release I have 7 lumps on my little finger and 5 on the others.

What I'm about to say might be blasphemy to a bow hunter....but if no other option then crossbow?

The way I understand it is it is like carpal tunnel in the thumb. The only way I can describe it is it feels like you jabbed your thumb real bad. Mine is caused from where the bow puts pressure on the tendon at the base of the thumb

Thought it might be you putting the death grip on the bow.
Hence the sling suggestion.:E Doh:

Overcoming pressure to your palm.... :E Shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!