MEXICO: Sonora Mule Deer & Coues Deer Hunt Less Than 30 Days!

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Hey everyone, hope everyone is doing well with this crazy year and election! Just wanted to drop a short note, myself and another fellow AH. member are less than 30 days away from our Sonora mule deer and coues deer hunt! This will be my second attempt at the giant mulies of the desert. Having taken a small coues in the last hours of my first hunt I’m looking for redemption on nailing two big guys. I’ll hopefully post two great pictures!

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Morning folks, I’ve got 14 more days until myself and another AH member will be in Sonora for big desert mule deer and coues deer hunting. Gun permit was emailed to me yesterday bags packed and guns ready! This will be my second attempt so redemption is on my mind! Hopefully we both will have photos to share! Happy thanksgiving to all.

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
Good luck I look forward to the report!

JES Adventures

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.ranchinvestments.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Life Member of DSC, NRA and SCI
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Ethiopia, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Zambia. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
Morning folks, I’ve got 14 more days until myself and another AH member will be in Sonora for big desert mule deer and coues deer hunting. Gun permit was emailed to me yesterday bags packed and guns ready! This will be my second attempt so redemption is on my mind! Hopefully we both will have photos to share! Happy thanksgiving to all.
Good Luck, can’t wait to read the report. Who are you hunting with?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Best of luck! Looking forward to the report!

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Sounds like an exciting trip, good luck!

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Congratulations in advance. Sounds like a great adventure. Can you describe the logistics to going over the border to hunt. I am quite ignorant on the subject. Have a great adventure.

PARA45

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Save travels JB, and good luck. May the hunting God cast good luck on you during this trip. Looking forward for the report and pictures. Happy Thanksgiving you and yours.

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
JB I wish you the best, keep an eye out as Mexico is no longer what it once was in terms of being safe and tourist friendly.

outwestidaho

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, cape of south Africa , Namibia, Alaska, British Columbia, Manitoba
Hope it's a fantastic hunt !

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I’m joining @johnnyblues, hopefully we can have some luck! It’s been a hard and frustrating year for me. It would nice end it on a good note!

50by50

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
S. Africa and Namibia
Good luck man! I feel your pain. I’ve been 3x and have only gotten one nice buck. My wife affectionately calls him “that $30k buck”. Lol

we’re working on putting together a last minute hunt as well. We have a couple ranches we’re looking at leasing the hunting rights on. We’ll see. You have to be really careful in Mexico- those landowners will tell you whatever you want to hear

hope you have a fantastic time and catch a bit of the rut. Can’t wait to hear how it goes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hydroxycholorquin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob
xausa wrote on Challer's profile.
I don't know where you're located, but I'd be happy to let you try out my Krieghoff. I'm located in West Tennessee and the local gun club has a skeet layout and is located not far from my farm. We're about five miles from the Kentucky state line and about 100 miles west of Nashville.
I just joined today, I live in Louisiana. I joined mostly because of all of the 35 Whelen discussion as I am now very interested In the 35 Whelen. I have an 1885 Highwall that J.E.S.S. rebored to 35 Whelen

Also own 338s 375 and both a 416 rem and Rigby