MEXICO: Hunting Bighorn Desert Sheep At Sonora Mexico With Sierra Madre Hunting

That is my dream hunt. Congrats on the trophy of a lifetime.

Welcome to AH - thanks for sharing. That's a great animal to get. What is next on your list?

I was going for jaguar but i got to cancel, lucky i cancel before i book the hunt, i was going with my brother but i got a contract i would be working this summer. My brother is going to dove and duck hunt to argentina now.
One question $3200 is good price for 5 days and 6 nigths? No thing included $40 sg. at day and $15 box 25 shells.?
And me i will go muledeer hunt on januray down to mexico and my brother its going to get a big horn for the price of a regular stone sheep hunt with my outfitter.

Leopard my bad

Your trophy makes me envious

Could you tell us about the hunt as I am sure we would all like to know?

What rifle did you use; scope; bullet weight etc

Your trophy makes me envious

Could you tell us about the hunt as I am sure we would all like to know?

What rifle did you use; scope; bullet weight etc
This my baby
IMG_20170127_120845.jpg

270 is my favorite topped with a Swarovski 3.5-18 scope.
Once again an excellent bran and hunt.

My 270 is a Sako synthetic stock as I hunt is tropical humid conditions. Keeping rust of anything here is difficult.
I have had to get all stainless street barrels for the same reason.
Previously I meant ram - predictive text is a curse at times.

My 270 is a Sako synthetic stock as I hunt is tropical humid conditions. Keeping rust of anything here is difficult.
I have had to get all stainless street barrels for the same reason.
Previously I meant ram - predictive text is a curse at times.
What do you think about my son rigth here Dr ray??
IMG_20170127_120900.jpg

Looks like it's the same as mine except the caliber.

That's one very powerful cartridge. Your son must hunt something fairly big and the velocity would certainly shoot flat and hit with tremendous "enthusiasm"

Should prove ideal too for high country hunting whereby flat shooting is required over a long distance and the bullet hits hard.
My impression is great.

What do you think about my son rigth here Dr ray??View attachment 185378

Just something I meant say previously. I would be careful not to fire a lot of shots one after the other as the barrel will get mighty hot.
This means that throat erosion will be extensive and barrel life will be very short in the vicinity of 600 rounds.
Overall the cartridge is excellent for hunting even if I think it's a bit of overbore.
All the best.

We also LOVE to hunt sheep, and hear about and read the stories ,
Me- 1/2 Slam Desert & Rocky, My wife 1/2 Slam Desert & Rocky, also my Daughter has Her Desert, and was Hung out to dry on her Dall sheep (BAD ill equipped GUIDE) she found most of the rams that were spotted...... NEVER HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOOT

"I don't know how many more years this body can stay in somewhat sheep shape" BUT EVERYDAY I WAKE UP IN PAIN IS A GOOD DAY,........... I WOKE UP AGAIN........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg