MEXICO: Desert Sheep In Mexico

Qwatali....................wow.....................................I mean, I am trying to be happy for you........................trying.........................but damn man, there is a limit...........what else?......was your guide named Ariana? How much good fortune can one man have? There is only so much luck in the world. It is finite. You just may have sucked all the luck out of Mexico........................not sure..................while I drool over your trophies and skin out my forked horn whitetail, I suggest you look at the Powerball............maybe you are still in the zone........FWB

Nice to hear a positive report on hunting in Old Mexico. Any more details on arrangements or logistics greatly appreciated. Congrats..................FWB

Fantastic trophies, congrats !

At least you didn´t have problems with cold weather on this hunt :LOL:

Excellent trophies!

:E Eek: WOW!
Either one of those animals alone is the trophy of a lifetime! Together? Well that is just being greedy! :D Well done!
That gorgeous ram is difficult to age from his growth rings. Do you have an official age and score?
Based on the one photo, my guess is 8 years old and 192”.
Anyone else care to hazard a guess? :)

That looked like a great trip! Beautiful. I'm looking forward to next Jan. for a desert sheep. (with SierraMadreOutfitters)
Any hassles coming back through customs ( / fish & game ) with trophies?

That looked like a great trip! Beautiful. I'm looking forward to next Jan. for a desert sheep. (with SierraMadreOutfitters)
Any hassles coming back through customs ( / fish & game ) with trophies?

I was able to bring back my mule deer but I had to wait on the sheep because he did not have the CITIES tag in hand . I got it about 6 weeks later , he walked it through himself to make sure there wasn’t any issues crossing Mexico customs . It was then forwarded to me from the US side .

I didn’t have any issues with the mule deer . Other then the fact there was about 20 other hunters with deer all going through the same line . All in all it went fairly fast . You could tell some
guys must not have had all there paperwork in order due to the time it took to clear. My outfitter had all the paperwork inline , walked up he looked at paperwork asked a few questions and away I Went , less then 5 mins . Sierra Madre has been doing it for a long time I’m sure they will have everything in order . Fairly simple process if you have all the paperwork.

Good luck on your hunt ! Post some pics .

That's great. Glad you had no difficulties, and I'm psyched for the trip.
When I figure out what to do for posting pic's, I will...
I can fly a 200 million dollar plane, but still get remedial training for using my damn phone from my daughter...o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RashadSalt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois