Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas, Maryland)
... at the end of January. 8 months to the day after I left Africa, a portion of my trophies are here. My taxidermist has the two for shoulder mounts. Hides and capes are at the tannery. And most of my stuff arrived today. The buff was on top, so over lunch I unwrapped it. I'll unwrap the rest after work today. I AM SO EXCITED!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

P1050191.jpg
P1050193.jpg
P1050196.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, always great to get trophies home safe and sound. I see your a USFWS employee, my dad worked for them years ago before taking a teaching and research position at Auburn University, his best friend also worked for them and was in Alaska for a while before retiring. Congratulations again, well done.

Congratulations - its the best feeling to put your hands on them again.

Congrats on getting them home, a crate is like Christmas morning for adults!

To one and all... thank you. Yes it feels MAGNIFICENT to actually be able to hold them again, or at least it was for the buffalo. I'll get to the others later tonight. A kudu, a couple of impala, a blesbok, a springbok, and a warthog await me. The tannery has the zebra and my taxidermist has a kudu and my wildebeest.

@Hunt anything ... I spent almost 20 years as a classroom teacher before taking a job with Togiak Refuge. I just wanted to recharge my batteries, from the public teaching grind. And here is is 15 years later and I'm still here. I love my job, and am very happy to have it.

Congratulations, I noticed the recurve and arrows hanging up, I also hunt with a longbow and make my own arrows.

Congrats! Always awesome to get your trophies home!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiloHardem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross