Merkel 140 Safari 470 NE For Sale

God love the 470!

Gentlemen,
Thank you for the interest and comments this rifle has a new home and may it bring many years of good service.

Thanks @tarbe for adding the goodies!

Damn Cole, I forgot to ask if you also wanted to buy the firing pins with it? Very reasonable! Lol
Great meeting you!

:ROFLMAO:

I knew I should listened to all those people warning me about you!

Lmao

Another great deal, between great guys, facilitated by AH.com!

Thanks Jerome!

:ROFLMAO:

I knew I should listened to all those people warning me about you!
I offered Cody $750 for this rifle. How much did you outbid me by?

You got a good one! Now you need a custom case!

For inspiration, this is my selfmade case for my favourite Merkel 470NE double. There are a topic somewhere in this forum with more pictures.
Outside is laden with Kudu and wildebeest, inside blesbok, and inside lid Norwegian Red deer buck.
Congrats to both the buyer and the seller!

IMG_1019.JPG

I remember the thread! Very cool case.

Unfortunately since it hasn't stopped raining since Cody brought it to me, it is still sitting in the house....hopefully Sunday will be nice!

886ACA5A-A128-44B2-A687-3B8BC2C52B5A.jpeg

I feel your pain!

Bullthrower, i have the exact same gun, same engravings and am trying to sell it. what do you think it's worth? not sure what the prices have done since 2014, but it should get me an idea...

Bullthrower, i have the exact same gun, same engravings and am trying to sell it. what do you think it's worth? not sure what the prices have done since 2014, but it should get me an idea...
There is a used 140-2 in 470 currently listed on GI at $10k, although it appears to have upgraded engraving. A new one is listed at $11,500 with standard engraving.

Cant believe i missed this! Been fishing in the canyon and we have zero contact with the world for 3-5 days at a time! DAMN! Well congrats on this and great deal!

That was a good Deal!!! I would think a 470 is worth $9500 a 500 N.E. would be more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you