Meopta Optika 6- 1x6x24 RD SPF -anyone have one or can give an opinion of this scope?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
As the title says, does anyone have one? I am looking at the 1x6x24 option for a .416. I am a leupold guy thorugh and thorugh, but a friend told me to take a look at this line also. There is a discount this month for the meopta which makes the price quite attractive.

I believe that the Zeiss Conquest and Meopta line were essentially the same a few years ago. I've seen generally good reports on the Meopta line the last few years. Hopefully some with more specific knowledge can add their opinions.
Bruce

I think you may be better served to look at the R2 in 1-6x24. I’m not sure how the Optika 6 will hold up to .416 recoil, especially when one option is a .223 reticle.

I had the model in question with a 4C reticle. The glass wasn't bad but the short length of that scope could be an issue depending on the action length and type of mounts you want to use. The Optica6 is pictured mounted on a Winchester 70 in .375 H&H. The second photo is of a CZ-550 magnum action. The third photo is the Meopta between a S&B Exos 1-8 and a Trijicon Accupoint 1-6 for comparison.

DSC03854.jpg
DSC02681.jpg
DSC03851.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As the title says, does anyone have one? I am looking at the 1x6x24 option for a .416. I am a leupold guy thorugh and thorugh, but a friend told me to take a look at this line also. There is a discount this month for the meopta which makes the price quite attractive.
@cpr0312
I haven't had anything to do with that particular scope but have 2 meopta 3.5-10 x44 scope that I can not fault optically. One of them is standard ZPlex the other is the bdc. With the bdc it enables shots to be taken out to 600 yards with my 25 but I haven't tried this yet.
For the price they are brilliant scopes that I rate even better than my Ziess.
Bob

I have a couple of MeoPro 3.5-10x44s. I’ve looked through the Optika6 and believe the glass is comparable to the MeoPro. I have a VX-3 1.75-6x32. The glass during normal daylight looks comparable between the Leupold and Meopta. In low light the Meopta is better to my eyes.

Hey Charles,
I ordered a 4-12x44 from Doug during the sale, it is back ordered but I’m looking forward to trying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg