Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Hello all, I wanted to provide a place to share some of you most memorable picks from hunts. For me it's always those I did with my family or from certain hunts that were special for one reason or another. I'll start it off with a few.
My first African animal and proudest trophy. The first is always special. It was taken here in Texas
image.jpeg

My white bearded gnu
image.jpeg
my eland with a bow. First African animal shot with a bow and the largest I've ever hunted with a bow.
image.jpeg
My one horned scimitar killed a week before the ban went in effect. Thank goodness it's been lifted.
image.jpeg
My auodad killed in palo duro canyon
image.jpeg
my son's first deer
image.jpeg
my daughters first deer
image.jpeg
my sons first first turkey(s) all killed with one shot!

image.jpeg
Three generations of Grimland men and my son's first buck
image.jpeg
my dogs first duck hunt
image.jpeg
two dalls killed with one shot and one arrow. Passed through the first and took the second too
image.jpeg
first fallow deer
image.jpeg
my son took both pigs with a revolver his first and only handgun kills
image.jpeg
my son's first exotic. Fallow doe
image.jpeg
anyone who knows me knows I'm an absolute waterfowl freak. Here's a few pics from a few of my most memorable duck hunts.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My first pronghorn. A long time coming
image.jpeg
great pheasant hunt with friends
image.jpeg
my son's kudu. A very hard earned trophy
image.jpeg

First African Safari
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Andri celebrating my buff being in the salt after over three months of sleepless nights!
image.jpeg

Thanks for sharing Gizmo, such experiences are best shared with good friends and family!

Thanks buddy. It's just a ripple on the surface of a lifetime outdoors but the pics above represent some of the best memories of my life. Escpecially those that were spent with my family. Every night when I go to bed I thank God for the oppurtunties he's blessed me with to spend time in the field passing our heritage along to my children as well as quality time spent with my father. At the end of the day it all about spending time with our loved ones and passing along our knowledge and heritage to the future generations. The best times of my life were spent with my family outdoors.

Hey Gizmo, Ill have to come and do some waterfowling with you.
Very nice pictures indeed.
The multiple animal kill with one shot must run in your family.

image.jpg

First African safari with wife and son!

image.jpg

Me and Bryson ! I was so blessed to have him with me!

Hey Gizmo, Ill have to come and do some waterfowling with you.
Very nice pictures indeed.
The multiple animal kill with one shot must run in your family.
That would be a hoot! I definitely love hunting waterfowl.

I can't get enough of you magnificent elephant @CAustin. What an honor and I bet having you boy there made it all the more special.

I can't get enough of you magnificent elephant @CAustin. What an honor and I bet having you boy there made it all the more special.

Gizmo I tell ya having Bryson with me made the whole trip. I have some video shot with the GoPro he was wearing from the first day when I was setting up for a shot that I was unable to take. As I was placing the big Ruger on the shooting sticks, you can hear my son in the background saying , "get him....get him dad". Sounded like a voice from the past when he was but a child....but now he is a grown man!
image.jpg

What an awesome and truely special hunt buddy.

Good memories :D Cheers:

Excellent thread I need to dig up some more of my photos for this.

image.jpg

My wife clowning for the camera. She is holding up a long grass blade the tracker would use to clean up around the trophies fir pictures. She took 1600 pictures on that safari.

Bernie it had to have been a great trip with your family.

Yes it always is. I try to take them with every time. All of us hunt so we can spend more quality time together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg