Med Evac Insurance

mistyron1

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Headed to Zimbabwe in August and curious to see what med evac insurance people use. I have looked at Global Rescue but also looking at Ripcord. Thoughts...

Global. Rescue !

There is in my opinion seriously no comparison between the two companies, Ripcord is a very small company, with I believe less than 10 employees, that has not been around for very long and Global Rescue is a well established large company, with 200 ?? employees, that really have international expertise in this space. To be fair @Global Rescue has been a sponsor of AH for a number of years, however one of the reasons that I wanted to have them on the site is because they are the best at what they do. All I can say is that this company is great!

I've used both, but fortunately I've never needed either. I originally went with Global Rescue because they'd been around for awhile. When Ripcord came out, and they were offering comprehensive trip insurance I went with them....sort of one stop shopping. However, now that Global Rescue is offering trip insurance, I think you'll be well served with either.

The point I think is to go with something. In my opinion, it's relatively cheap compared to the huge benefit if you happen to need it.....

As usual, my $0.02....

Global Rescue!

I have already booked my flights. How long do I have to buy trip ins. I think someone said global rescue has it. I have federal blue cross health ins and South African hospitals are probably better than the ones in Kansas. I would just like to insure the flights.

Typically, when you pay for your flights

Call them and ask. You never know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.