Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Ok, so we do have a late season meat bison hunt available. Hunt includes guides, meals, lodging, meat bison, skinning/quartering feral pigs, and 2 days 3 nights. Hunt total is $3750. Not included is pre/post trip expenses, meat processing, Texas hunting license, normal stuff. This is a very physically demanding hunt and you will spend a lot of time on foot hiking and stalking. Bison is estimated to weigh around 800lbs. This needs to be done from March through Early may. I will not hold it past May.

01-2018-rockingranch-do-not-sell-12.jpg
01-2018-rockingranch-do-not-sell-39.jpg
2019-rocking-26.jpg
img-5694.jpg
57504132_684623715273769_8948665142623600640_n.jpg
62498884_720114398391367_1612068841582493696_n.jpg
Apache.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@gizmo Any idea on processing costs and turn around times?

What are the age of your meat bison? Bull or cow?

You would do this again right after I book a hunt back in South Africa...

I shot one of @gizmo meat bison last February. I brought 6 large coolers, which was just enough for my bison and a single hog. I had lined up a butcher back home to process everything, $300 for all.

@gizmo Any idea on processing costs and turn around times?
Man processing is up to the particular processor. I have a local guy that can do it in a couple weeks generally.
What are the age of your meat bison? Bull or cow?
A little over 2 y/o and a bull. I do not have any cow’s available.

Man processing?!?! What kinda operation you runnin there fella?!

I will confirm that you will walk a lot. This is not a cake walk folks! I followed Justin for three days trying to get a shot at one of the meat bulls. We just never could get on them with a clear shot or they stay in one place long enough. You will definitely earn your bull.

Wish I'd known this was an option when I lived in Texas.
I do these every year if I can. Rising beef prices are starting to get outta hand. We’d be glad to have you hunt with us.

I shot one of @gizmo meat bison last February. I brought 6 large coolers, which was just enough for my bison and a single hog. I had lined up a butcher back home to process everything, $300 for all.
Good price. Planned a hunt in Limon CO. Processing was $1.50/lb based on hanging weight.

Hunt has been sold. We are looking forward to hunting with you @jduckhunter

Guess who's hunting bison at the Rockin G? Now I have to figure out what gun I want to take along.

Guess who's hunting bison at the Rockin G? Now I have to figure out what gun I want to take along.

Good for you! You will have a great time hunting with them. Justin is a hoot to hunt with and Kelly’s cooking is worth the trip.

I’m looking forward to going myself someday. Just to many ifs coming up in my job right now.

What sort of distance do you shoot at? Is that an iron sighted double, or a scoped rifle sort of thing? Minimum calibre?

What sort of distance do you shoot at? Is that an iron sighted double, or a scoped rifle sort of thing? Minimum calibre?

Well in the three days I was there chasing them, the closest we got was about 125 yards. But never a clear clean shot. I took my 375 HH. That’s what Gizmo recommended.

I am sure he will advise further on this.

I've been on a dozen bison hunts on the Henry Mountains in Utah and have seen hunters use just about everything from a 270 Win on up to a 416 Weatherby.

All the animals that have been shot were one or two shot kills

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg