Me Too! CZ 550

Nice Buff! You could always see what it would cost to get a gunsmith to customize the Ruger mag well so it could accept a custom made magazine!
Did you shoot the Lion with the Creedmore resulting in a highly irritated Lion and then have to finish it with a REAL calibre? :)

I might do that but would first need to be comfortable letting a gunsmith work on that RSM 505 Gibbs.... I'm told it is one of only 5 customized so. I've thought about having a mercury tube put into it as well, but a bit chicken shit to let someone cut into that stock!

I think that creedmoor bullet came out of a wart hog or some other PG critter... The lion was actually pretty un-eventful. Shot it with the 375 from about 80 yards, it did the big hop/spin and started growling and by the time I was reloaded he was already going down but shot him again anyway. I don't think he moved 30 feet from the first shot. The 375 bullet in the picture had entered between the neck and shoulder with him quartering too me so it went through the entire chest cavity and was in the stomach. The second was quartering away and entered behind the ribs and exited the off side shoulder... He was going no where.

Here is a picture of what that little 6.5 creedmoor did at 524 yards.

IMG_4355.JPG

I got a bunch and I'd call in sick that day!!!!!
BTW Gizmo, thanks, Shelby had a great time at your place! That poor SOB works more than me, he really appreciated the trip.
Any time. I liked Shelby, he is a very cool guy and a rabbit slaying machine

http://www.africahunting.com/threads/south-africa-spear-safaris-kruger-area-2-week-hunt.22337/

Top gun is my Ruger RSM in 505 Gibbs, bottom one is the CZ I used on the Buffalo in the above report. So far at least, the CZ is much more manageable to shoot, but it is heavier and has a mercury tube in the stock. The big drawback to the RSM is it only hold 2 rounds. Not sure if I could get custom bottom metal made to rectify that... I might be tempted to take the RSM for elephant as it is lighter and you really do hunt them with your legs!
View attachment 42215

Left to right 505 solid, 223, 30-06, 375 Ruger, 375 H&H, 416 rem mag, 416 Rigby, 458 Lott, and 505 Gibbs TSX, the latter was used on the buffalo
View attachment 42216

6.5 Creedmoor 129 grain, 375 H&H Trophy bonded bear claw 300 grain from the lion, and 505 Gibbs TSX 525 grain from the buff
View attachment 42217

View attachment 42218
Nice Buff and great looking rifles! I am officially jealous!

Thanks Panielsen, My first hunt had to be delayed 7 month for work as well... And I'm the boss!

Hope all goes well for you this time and when you get over there I'm sure you will rack up some nice trophies!

Thanks Panielsen, My first hunt had to be delayed 7 month for work as well... And I'm the boss!

Hope all goes well for you this time and when you get over there I'm sure you will rack up some nice trophies!
I'm sure hoping so! Again nice rifles!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg