McMillan Prestige 404 Jeffery

OIDG

Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe
I am selling my one of a kind McMillan Prestige in 404 Jeffery along with 137 rounds of ammo. I'll also include 50 pieces of new brass, 40 bullets, a set of reloading dies, and a set of 30mm Taley scope rings. Specs on the rifle include a G3 action, Jewell trigger, and custom green, tan, black, McMillan color molded stock. I got this rifle from McMillan before their company was sold and quit making hunting rifles. I've shot it around 30 times and it has never been on a hunt. The gun shoots sub MOA and is in pristine condition. The gun sold for
USD $7500 new. I'm asking USD $5500 for the whole package. I'll ship it FFL to FFL in the United States. PM me with any questions.

404-1.jpg
404-2.jpg
404-3.jpg
404-4.jpg
404-5.jpg
404-6.jpg
404-7.jpg
404-8.jpg
404-9.jpg
404-10.jpg
404-11.jpg
404-12.jpg
404-13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rifle and very good offer. Legendary caliber. I use Mauser rifle in 404Jeffery.
All the best.
Witold

WOW! Only one response on this amazing rifle! Yes it is not a CRF action but it is one of the better customs you can buy for accuracy. Very fair price especially with the goods that are included.

WOW! Only one response on this amazing rifle! Yes it is not a CRF action but it is one of the better customs you can buy for accuracy. Very fair price especially with the goods that are included.
Thanks for the compliment on the rifle, but I want to correct you on something. This G30 action is, in fact, a control round feed.

404-G301.JPG
404-G302.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry you are right. I was thinking that the McMillan action was another high end Rem 700 clone. I had to look it up and you are right. All the more reason someone needs to buy this rifle. I would buy it but it is out of my range with my taxidermy bills and up coming safari. Good luck sir selling this fine gun.

I can't get past the ugly stock, no offense, it just doesn't look right on 404 Jeffrey

I get it what you all are saying with the stock but I come from two schools of thought on shooting. The first is the one I started with and it is all about precision shooting. Many of those guns have McMillan or Manners stocks and stainless barrels. They are beautiful in a precision sort of way. The second is the African big bore school of thought which I am new to. Those guns are all about fine walnut with blueing and engraving. Beautiful in an artful sort of way. I personally do not own a wood stocked gun yet. This gun just screams precision to me. McMillan makes some outstanding shooting firearms.

I think it might be your taste in rifles Warbird782, mine is more like Spike's .....where he likes the fine walnut.

I must be from the same school as Warbird782. The McMillan color molded stocks have a very good reputation in the precision shooting world. After owning my first custom, I was hooked and haven't looked back. I know McMillan had some wooden stocks cut for their Prestige line, but I opted for the color mold as I had intentions of chasing a big buffalo with it and not worrying about scratching a high-end wooden stock. I guess someone could order a replacement wooden stock from McMillan if they really wanted to.

All of my Rifles have wood stocks,,some didn't start out that way, I just like the look, I think there may be a market for a Fibresomthing stock done in a Nice wood grain could be the best of both worlds of course I also still prefer the look of high gloss Blueing to the new mat style

I like them both. I can appreciate a nice walnut stock. In fact I am looking at purchasing a Caprivi with very nice wood on it. I wanted to bring attention to this sale as McMillan makes some incredibly accurate guns.

No offence to @OIDG but I have to agree on a 404 Jeffrey, or a 416 Rigby, my personal taste would be a fine wood stock.

I will admit I've got a couple 30-06's that I have not hunted with because they are too nice... But on the other hand a little character from a hunt is an ok thing.

No offence to @OIDG but I have to agree on a 404 Jeffrey, or a 416 Rigby, my personal taste would be a fine wood stock.

I will admit I've got a couple 30-06's that I have not hunted with because they are too nice... But on the other hand a little character from a hunt is an ok thing.
I have to admit my CZ got a few experience marks on it from my Africa trip

I like the rifle. Out of my price range, but I am very much the stainless synthetic guy. I can appreciate wood, but am afraid to mark it up while hunting. Also when I was a kid and synthetic stocks were new. Every writer talked about the instability of wood due to climatic condition changes. Other than 22LR, I have no wood stocked rifles.

If anyone is still interested, I am dropping the price to $4500 for the whole package

OIDG if I hadn't just returned from Africa in July and have looming taxidermy bill in addition to needing to prepare for a Roe deer hunt in Romania in June of 16 I would be all over this. Excellent rifle sir and it kills me I am not in a place I can snatch this up. Good luck and this is an excellent offer.

Nice rifle. Good luck to you and the lucky person getting this deal.

Very nice piece and I hope you find it a good home. I am not in the market, unfortunately, but I am curious how heavy is it?

around 9 lbs loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!