Marlin Fishing as part of your Hunting Safari

How many of you would be interested in doing a Marlin fishing trip as part of your hunting safari

• wouldn't want to catch marlin on a hunting trip

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • curious about it

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • What will it cost me

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Hell yes where do i sign up

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Petrus Geldenhuys

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia
As a PH and a avid marlin angler I'm just curious to see what you guys think of doing a marlin fishing trip as part of your African Safari

DSCF1873.JPG
We fished shark after our hunt in Namibia ....would have loved the oppertunity to fish marlin .
Glen

I lived in the Florida Keys for a few years But never got the chance to go out past the hump into deep water, so my answer would be a big Yes

This is something that we can offer our clients as a add-on to their hunting safari. If you are interested in this just send me a mail so i can give you some more information.

View attachment 50398 We fished shark after our hunt in Namibia ....would have loved the oppertunity to fish marlin .
Glen

gday glen
did you know that broadnose 7 gilled shark ,you are holding up .
is the only shark on the planet that has 7 gill slits a side ,and hasn't evolved in 360 million years...........

what months are your best times ,for marlin fishing ? for the latitude of Mozambique , it must be near ........

what months are your best times ,for marlin fishing ? for the latitude of Mozambique , it must be near ........
the best time of the year is October and November if you want to catch big marlin off Mozambique. The big boys come out off Bazaruto island.

I think it would be a great addition to a safari.

Well.....Marlin fishing definetelly is something that I have pending in my life, having always been a shark fisherman, I didnt get the chance for marlin yet.
Always was interested in good destinations as Cabo Blanco in Peru for Black Marlin or Punta Salinas in Ecuador, good places for those fishes and at only tree hours fly from Argentina, but the posibility to combine hunting and Marlin fishing in Africa sounds gorgeous.......!!!!!

I think that this is a great idea to offer to the customers Petrus....!!!!

gday glen
did you know that broadnose 7 gilled shark ,you are holding up .
is the only shark on the planet that has 7 gill slits a side ,and hasn't evolved in 360 million years...........
Bluey ....you are a book of knowledge ....didn't know that ..... We were told it was a spotted sand shark .... pretty common shark for the Skeleton Coast .
Glen

I think it could be a great change of pace.

View attachment 50398 We fished shark after our hunt in Namibia ....would have loved the oppertunity to fish marlin .
Glen

I'm curious to know if you donated parts of your body given how you are holding that Shark. Damn, they have no bones and can turn on a dime.

the best time of the year is October and November if you want to catch big marlin off Mozambique. The big boys come out off Bazaruto island.

October and November, temperatures???

That would be something that I would consider as Ann and I do a lot of fishing. Sounds like Florida heat at that time of year - ok for fishing, not sure about hunting that time of year.

October and November, temperatures???
Its hot that time of the year. But that is the absolute best time to target them. that being said it doesnt mean you cant catch them in the cooler months, they are just not as active as they are during October

October Hunting in SA is not that bad temperatures vary from 28-35 Deg Celsius with low humidity, depending on where you hunting after the hunt its a short 1:45min flight from Hoedspruit to Bazaruto smack bang in 1000lb territory.

if your going to go marlin fishing briko , book at the peak time , try and get there about three days after the full moon .......

if your going to go marlin fishing briko , book at the peak time , try and get there about three days after the full moon .......

Thanks blue. I hear you go fishing every once in a while so I think that might be good advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!