Marco Polo argali and Mid-Asia ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan

Yes 20 years ago, photos are at least that old.

F**k you.

Is it possible to offend others at a forum?
Very ungrateful person.
who doesn't call his friends and how they sent him a trophy.
He knows that deceives and offends other users of a forum
He has got on the lie. He didn't know that at me all documents and all correspondence on trophy sending is kept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes 20 years ago, photos are at least that old.

Nobody is indignant that these photos use others.

http://asianmountainoutfitters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2011-Kamchatka-Bighorn-Hunt.pdf

Yes certainly old photos. It doesn't prevent to do hunting there.
2011Kamcha_8010621_6556291.jpg

important is - the very good rams were shot in Alex hunting area, so many outfitters use the photos for adversting.

Attachments

• 2011-Kamchatka-Bighorn-Hunt.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 302
As an update to the goings on with us trying to get this resolved. We have agree, just yesterday with the outfitter Adilet Ulukmanov and with Ibexhunter to pay in full the amount owed to them for the hunt, if they would cover the cost of what we would have to pay the US Import Broker for their fees for us to import the trophies into the US. The outfitter Adilet Ulukmanov, stated in an email that " We are not being serious" in our attempt to get this resolved.

In addition I have asked the outfitter to provide some pictures of the capes and hides of the Ibex so we have knowledge that they were well taken care of and that the hair in intact and not slipping. The outfitter Adilet Ulukmanov stated that " We will just have to take his word that they are in good shape" He also made comments of "That shit happens on hunts and that nothing always goes as planned". This was made in reference to my inquiry of the mistakes that were made on our hunt and the fact the the police had confiscated out Ibex in relation to what the outfitter had not done with the proper paperwork or documentation.

We had everything arranged with US Fish & Wildlife in advance to clear our trophies with them in Chicago on our return flight. They actually met with us in Customs asking were our trophies were. We arranged this in advance so we wouldn't have had to use a import broker here in the US.

We have now came to the conclusion that we will never see out horns or capes from this hunt, we also realize that all along this was never going to happen and that they the outfitter, Adilet Ulukmanov or the booking agent Ibexhunter had any plans on insuring that we would get our trophies complete and in quality shape. I can even imagine if we had sent the funds and then still not received the trophies as promised. We have done the hunt, have the memories of the hunt and even have some fantastic pictures of the Ibex we all took. I will just have to place a picture of my Ibex in my trophy room, rather than the mount of the animal.

If there is a respectable, honest outfitter who offers Ibex hunts I would like for you to contact me as I am most interested in returning to get the mount I so desire. I will take the money I have from this last trip and apply it towards a new memorable hunt in the future.

I am posting this here in order to help fellow future hunters, help them know the ins and outs of a hunt overseas and what to expect. If anyone needs any follow up info on this hunt or details on the outfitter or booking agent. I can be reached at PHprez@gmail.com

Steve

Igor, why you used our base camp`s photo that taken in 2005 for advertisement? Or you have no your own base camp?

Kyrgyzstan has become a famous destination for big game hunters seeking the famous Marco Polo sheep and Ibex.

sheep3jpg_2098720_498785.jpg

cholponbec_7838225_498772.jpg

We also would like to bring your attention to the fact that all the information below on hunting is absolutely legal and licensed. Prey, especially among those rare species like Marco Polo argali, are selected strictly in accordance with Hunting Regulations and Nature Conservation Legislation of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan.

It is also a noteworthy fact that money from government licenses for rare wild animal hunting goes to the Nature Protection Fund of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan.
We are ready to offer the following options:
- Marco Polo argali hunting;
- Mid-Asia ibex hunting;
- Wolf, mountain partridge (keklik), pheasant, goose, and siberia roe deer hunting (as an additional option).

Standard services provided to hunters by the expedition organizers include:

- meeting of hunters in Manas Airport, accommodation in Bishkek or Issyk-Kul hotels on arrival and departure date;
- providing transportation from Bishkek to base camps and back, provision of saddle and pack horses for transportation, guides, cooks, doctors and interpreter (if required);
- hunters in hunting area are accommodated in base camp or in a comfortable hunting lodge in the Naryn region of At-Bashyn district.Ak-Say Valley region In both camps - kitchen and sauna are available. We have two camps in hunting area.

campjpg_1929379_498775.jpg

camp1jpg_7235268_498776.jpg

12 day Marco Polo sheep hunting tour program in the Naryn region:

Igor, why you used our base camp`s photo that taken in 2005 for advertisement? Or you have no your own base camp?

Kyrgyzhunt adventure outfitters - home

Fraud in Kyrgyzstan?
I made a wonderful trip to Kyrgyzstan in 2009; I shot two nice Ibexes, had nothing but praise for the team of locals and encountered no problem whatsoever.
Then I went back in 2012 with another company, for Marco Polo; I shot a ram on November 26, 2012 and in spite of the fact that I have paid everything, including the shipping, I still don't know what happened to my trophy.
Here are some details:

I contacted Igor Kantsev of Extrem-Tours, also known as Hunting Club Taiga in the past, on July 2012 for what seemed a bargain Marco Polo hunt in Kyrgyzstan. Igor, aka Ibexhunter or Profyhunter, transferred my request to his Kyrgyz partner Adilet Ulukmanov of Aska-tur . The two of them choose the dates for the hunt. Adilet wanted the money sent to his personal bank account in Bishkek, not to his company account.
Another hunter would share the camp with me, looking for Marco Polo and Ibex. Upon arrival at the main camp on November 21st, 2012, this hunter was transferred to another camp, 3 hours away, for a maximum of 2 days only. From what he told me, he missed a nice ram the first day and then shot a small immature ram (he mentioned 36 inches) on November 23rd, 2012, his second and last day at that camp.
Because of problems with my baggage I arrived at the main camp on November 23rd and hunted there fruitlessly for two days on horseback. I was then sent by car to the other camp, again for a maximum of 2 days only, in spite of the fact that the contract states 14 days of which 10 hunting days, where I shot an ordinary adult ram on November 26, 2012. I immediately called my wife by sat phone and had my bank transfer 8000 US$ to Adilet, as requested, for the Marco Polo license. My bank transfer was guaranteed within 48 hours and November 27th 2012 is shown on the document as the value date (the date at which the money would be at the Kyrgyz bank). In the meanwhile the other hunter, after hunting Ibex fruitlessly a couple of days with the Lada around the main camp, gave up hunting Ibex as he could see none.
Before departing, Kyrgyz visitors arrived at the camp in two pick-ups. In a hurry our trophies were hidden and we were told NOT to tell we had shot our rams. Why? Who were these visitors?
We were back in Bishkek November 30, 2012, and when we met Adilet, he refused to let me take my trophy with me, pretending he had not yet received my money! (Later he wrote he received the money Dec. 4th, 2012, one day after my departure!). He told me he would ship my trophy in 3 weeks, before Christmas 2012 (two thousand twelve); more than ONE YEAR later, March 2014 (two thousand fourteen), I am still waiting for my trophy! In the meanwhile Adilet is writing other hunters that he usually ships the trophies in a month time!
Adilet has refused to give me a reason for the delay and Igor says he does not know; they also refuse to give me a shipping date and lately they don't answer neither my e-mails nor my phone calls, in spite of the fact that last June 2013, I also sent 700 US$ by Western Union, as instructed by Adilet, for the shipping.
As for the other hunter who was at the camp with me, he received his (I hope it is his) Marco Polo trophy on April 18th, 2013, AND, surprise! there was also an Ibex trophy in the box which he definitively did NOT shoot! Later this hunter told me that the Ibex trophy is a gift from Adilet. Judging from the e-mails and blown positive reports (great hunt, shot a nice sheep, shot an Ibex, etc.) this hunter has sent to others as a reference, he is probably trying to pay back Adilet for the Ibex trophy he received as a gift. This hunter also told me he wrote Adilet twice in my behalf, telling him to send me my trophy; I thank him for his help but so far his efforts have been fruitless.

Since Igor Kantsev advertised his hunts in Kyrgyzstan in the Hunting Report last August 2013, I have brought my case to the attention of the editor, Mrs. Barbara Crown, and I am grateful to her for contacting Igor and Adilet about my trophy. Adilet never answered Barbara e-mails and Igor wrote her once; he did not give any information on my trophy but he wrote several false allegations against me, namely that I did not leave any tip to the staff, that I wanted to hunt from a vehicle and that it was impossible that I was moved to another camp three hours away. I can easily prove that Igor allegations are false; it is evident he is trying to discredit me and of course his lies would have nothing to do with my trophy not being shipped.
Unfortunately Barbara efforts, which I appreciate very much, have been fruitless, as you can read in the January 2014 issue of the Hunting Report. In March 2014, The Hunting Report mentioned another negative report by another hunter who hunted in Kyrgyzstan with Adilet company; a warning is given by this other hunter to steer clear of Adilet Ulukmanov.
I have also contacted Harv Hollek, another Adilet partner, responsible of putting Adilet and his father Uluk in business 13 years ago. In spite of the fact that Harv brought hunters to Adilet and Uluk as late as November 2013, Harv has been unable to tell me what is going on. I appreciate Harv collaboration and I thank him for trying to boost my hopes, but even his efforts have so far been fruitless.

As a last bit of information to you, Igor is publishing on the Web, without my permission, a picture of myself with my Marco Polo, to accompany his advertising.
One more late news: according to a well known US agent, Adilet is holding back four more Marco Polo trophies shot by his clients.
One more news: two other hunters are awaiting for their trophies or license money from adilet.

For months I have not heard neither from Adilet nor from Igor and I do not know if I will ever get my trophy, which as stated above is fully paid, including the shipping. Barbara Crown of the Hunting Report calls Adilet behavior a hold up.

Kyrgyzstan is a beautiful country and can offer a wonderful hunt, but be careful with whom you deal. I am told that Adilet deals with several agents; as for Igor, he organises hunts to other destinations beside Kyrgyzstan.

Greg, March 2014

I appreciate you posting this info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg