Manton & Co .360 No2 For Sale

Hunt101

AH senior member
Reaction score
$15,000.00
This Manton & CO.360 no. 2 has 26″ Chopper lump bbls with file cut quarter rib, fitted with one standing, two folding leaf express rear sight and matching ramp front base with small bead and fold-up night bead, are engraved “Manton & Co. Gun Makers. Calcutta & Delhi. By Appointment to H. E. The Viceroy.” and “.360 No 2 3″ 55 Grains Smokeless, 320 Grain S. N. S. P. Bullet”. Bbl flats are stamped with London nitro proofs, bottom of splinter forend with “Made in England”. A large sling eye is soldered to bottom rib. Boxlock PHV-1 case hardened action features automatic safety, clover leaf dolls head and pivoting third fastener, bushed strikers, and double triggers. Action is engraved “Manton & Co” on each side, and is fine cross hatch shaded overall. Where scroll engraving would normally be found, there is scrolled gold damascening at nearly 60% coverage. This treatment extends to top lever and trigger guard, which has SN on tang, which extends to steel grip cap. Nicely figured, dense European walnut capped pistol grip buttstock measures 14-3/8″ over Silver type pad, and features classic shadow line right hand cheekpiece, point pattern checkering with mullered borders at grip, a sling eye, as well as a vacant oval on toe line. Matching splinter ejector forend has forward pivoting release. Drop at heel: approx 2-3/4″, drop at comb: approx 1-13/16″. Weight: 9 lbs. 11 oz. LOP: 14-3/8″. Fine quality leather case with stitched leather corners is embossed “P. E. S” on top, is lined in green cloth, and has paper Manton & Co label in lid. Case contains 2-pc rosewood handled brass cleaning rod, nickel-plated snap caps and square oil bottle, and thong type rifle sling.

This rifle shoots very well and comes with reloading dies and brass.

I'll be at DSC in a few days if anyone would like to see the rifle in person.

Manton1.jpg
Manton3.jpg
Manton9.jpg
Manton13.jpg
Manton11.jpg
Manton14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful workmanship on the engraving. In what year was this rifle made?

I don't know the exact year, the opinions I've received have been that the gun was built in the early 20s. Its a fun little rifle to shoot, I used it in a double rifle competition recently within the last few months, and received first place honors with it. Beat out some very nice modern doubles, and some nice older doubles as well.

I don't know the exact year, the opinions I've received have been that the gun was built in the early 20s. Its a fun little rifle to shoot, I used it in a double rifle competition recently within the last few months, and received first place honors with it. Beat out some very nice modern doubles, and some nice older doubles as well.

was this the Heym shoot? I believe I had a chance to look at this rifle.

-matt

A lot of rifle for the money, no doubt. You'd pay at least 8 times the price to have its twin made today (what with the gold inlay and all). If the caliber were something like 470 NE it'd be bringing a ton more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.