Media
Articles
Hunted
Kenya
Mannlicher (Haenel) Repeating Rifles Ad 1908
Mannlicher (Haenel) Repeating Rifles Ad 1908.png

A 1909 Haenel Schonzeitbüchse:

OGPddRzl.jpg

I really should load up some ammo and take her to the range for a little exercise.:D

Attachments

• OGPddRzl.jpg
    OGPddRzl.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Beautiful... What caliber is your example chambered in?

Schonzeitbüchse or off season rifle is what we would call a varmint rifle today. It is chambered in .25 Remington or per Haenel 25/35 Randlos (rimless). DWM catalog listed it as 6.5x52 case number 519A and the .25/35 Winchester was 6.5x52R case number 519.

A 1909 Haenel Schonzeitbüchse:

I really should load up some ammo and take her to the range for a little exercise.:D

G'day 7x57Joe,

Wow, now that's a beautiful rifle, the advertisement pic does no justice to its looks, you have got to be impressed with that (y)

Honestly, I have never seen a photo of one, just the images from the ads, thank you for sharing :)

Regards

Rob

I agree with you Rob, it is rather an impressive little rifle and on the rare side. I have seen a picture of only one other that's in Norway. The past President of the German Gun Collectors Association told me in all his years of searching for one he had found one in Germany that had been rechambered to 6.5x57 and another in the U.S. that had the barrel set back and rechambered to .250-3000. Here are a couple more close up pics:

Close up of action:
ZyyCji9l.jpg

Close up of octagon to round barrel and schnobel fore end:
6anvjv1l.jpg

Attachments

• ZyyCji9l.jpg
    ZyyCji9l.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 6anvjv1l.jpg
    6anvjv1l.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you Rob, it is rather an impressive little rifle and on the rare side. I have seen a picture of only one other that's in Norway. The past President of the German Gun Collectors Association told me in all his years of searching for one he had found one in Germany that had been rechambered to 6.5x57 and another in the U.S. that had the barrel set back and rechambered to .250-3000. Here are a couple more close up pics:

Wow, that's nice :)

It's unusual to see the rear sights mounted on a rail / dovetail, and it sure ads to the appeal of the rifle. Congratulations on obtaining such a rare rifle, it looks in top condition too (y)

Thank you for posting the extra photos.

Regards

Rob

Very nice beautiful workmanship thank you for posting pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg