Man dies after Crocodile attack

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: https://www.namibian.com.na/88005/read/Man-dies-after-crocodile-attack

Man dies after crocodile attack

A MAN died after he was attacked by a crocodile at Kawulu village in the Zambezi region on Saturday.

Confirming the incident to The Namibian yesterday, Zambezi regional police spokesperson Kisco Sitali said the attack happened at around 08h00 along the river.

“Community members, who were close by managed to rescue him after they heard him shouting for help. They then took him to Impaplila clinic. Unfortunately, he succumbed to the injuries he sustained in the attack,” he said.

The deceased was identified as Bainga Ebow Bainga (45) and his next of kin have been informed of his death.

In an unrelated incident, Sitali said a case of a missing person was opened last week after another man was recently attacked by a crocodile at Wooden Bridge. He was identified as Jackson Ndara Mawaya.

“It is alleged that around 20h00, Mawaya was with another adult male collecting water from the river. They wanted to fill a 25-litre plastic container, which was in the car. However, Mawaya was not so lucky when he went to fetch water from the river the second time, as a crocodile attacked him.

He started screaming, according to his friend who was at the car at the time of the attack. When he rushed back to see what was happening, he said he only saw waves in the area where they were collecting water and the tail of a crocodile going into the water. He then reported the incident to the police, the police said.

Sitali added that since receiving the report, the police have been searching for Mawaya's remains.

The police spokesperson warned the public to refrain from visiting the river for swimming, washing clothes or drawing water, as it is the second incident within the same area along the Zambezi River.

Man Eating Dinosaurs are #2 on my Bucket list

Last edited:
Might have to contemplate collecting one of them.

Hands on positive way to help protect and give back to effected communities all the while having another African Hunting adventure...Win Win
Absolutely. I shot a hippo in Zimbabwe a few yers ago and the local headman mentioned that there was a large croc around which was eating their sheep and goats as they went to water, as well as causing some sense of insecurity among the young women doing laundry and drawing water (!).

We suggested they leave some hippo entrails on the sandbar and we would return the next day. Next day, got the croc in a hail of bullets. The locals seemed far happier to have the croc gone than the meat from the hippo.

Poor fellow. I could think of a thousand better ways to meet my afterlife.

Croc on the list. I mean after all I feel a sense to help the local village wherever that might be. :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!