Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
On my recent trip we went to the Kalahari in North West Province. It didn’t matter to me if it was male or female i just wanted a good representative animal. We found this long female and I could not resist.
IMG_2044.jpg

shootist~

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
Walking behind my tracker wondering why we were still on a long stalk with the wind so (seemingly) wrong...and he whispers "this one, now"... I didn't care. :) Just grateful for a good representative animal. (Female, btw.)
20210724_100643.jpg

Frederik

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
17.jpg

My trophy after connecting with a gemsbuck after 3 days Douglas Northern Cape.

18.jpg

Old cow past her prime with good secondary growth.

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape), Namibia
Great mass and length, with symmetry and straight. Great animals to hunt for sure.
IMG_E3494.JPG

fourfive8

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
Weird as it seems, I have always been impressed by old bulls with heavy, long horns where one horn has been broken. I imagine there is quite a story behind that break... as their horns are very tough. Been along with hunters who wouldn't shoot any broken horned oryx- no matter the size of the full length horn- no argument from me about the hunter's choice but always scratched my head. :) I've seen them but of course but when hunting them, I've never have had the opportunity for an old one with a broken horn. The other wish I had for a long time was to hunt them in their ancestral homeland in the Kalahari of Botswana. Got that chance and this bull. But I would have selected a comparable one with a broken horn over this one if given the choice.

Kalahari gemsbok  copy 2.jpg

Sarg

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
I really wanted a Bull over 38in when hunting in Namibia & got this guy who was just over 40in, we had to work for him to !

My Gemsbok 1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothymemia

Latest profile posts

Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?
Defosse wrote on Kouprey's profile.
Hello Kouprey,

I'm the little little son of Louis Defosse and i'm living in Saigon VIetnam. I'm trying to find some information about ma family and i saw your post where you wrote the Defosse family. Please i'm really interested to know more and share all your information about my family. I tried to find some in Vietnam but very difficult. Please i will be happy to read you soon.

Regards,

Stéphane Defosse