Making the most of my first Safari

EDELWEISS

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US, Canada, Middle East(does that count)
Im booked for ten days in mid September for a plains game hunt in South Africa. This is my first African hunt and I decided I was gonna make the most of it. Im planning to wear jodphors and high boots to dress as close to Teddy Roosevelt as I can, including a 1889 campaign hat. Ive been wearing the boots to beak them in. At work (Im a cop), I wear my uniform pants over them; but still some folks notice, (my boos just shakes his head); but off duty my "normal wear" has been breaches or riding pants and boots ever since my divorse (last year), which is when I started planning my safari.

No doubt there are "better" outfits, and more comfortable clothes; but Im gonna have fun. I figure even if I mess up every shot, I'll still have fun and everybody will get a good laugh; but if I do as well as I hope then It'll be even more memorable.

Yeah, Im gonna take regular shoes and pants "just in case". Only wish I had a 405....

What the heck.....go big or go home....right!!

It will be a blast! And I am pretty sure you want mess up every shot..lol
Looking forward to hear the story. Just remember to take a lot of pics!

I am sure you will have a great time and that is the only thing that matters :)
As Wolverine67 said. Take lots of photos and give us a report of your hunting adventure.
Looking very much forward to it :)

Good luck.
Should be a memorable photo album. Make sure you use Sepia tones in Photoshop.

Really looking forward for those pics.

I had thought about wearing the jodphors and boots on the plane; but the thought of having to deal with SA Customs etc, while in garb gave me pause.

As for Pics--OH yeah. I have four 32gig memory cards. The only question is gonna be what cost more pics or trophies

I have a genuine English pith helmet in great condition and in my hat size but my wife said that if I attempted to wear it to RSA next summer I would be dead before I got on the plane.

Stevestuff010.jpg

Stevestuff008.jpg

Attachments

• Stevestuff008.jpg
    Stevestuff008.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Stevestuff010.jpg
    Stevestuff010.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 120
Teddy would be honored. It's a hoot to see the attire the hunters wore back then.

Attachments

• win951x350.jpg
    win951x350.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 114

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you