Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Virginia Bowhunters Association
IMG_1200.jpg
Just curious if anyone has used the Magnus Stinger 125 grain 2 bladed broadhead for either Wildebeest or Zebra.
Currently adjusted my arrow setup and am interested in these broadheads and was wondering what anyone thought of these and /or if anyone has used them on some tougher African game.
I'm shooting 70 pounds at 27.5" draw with Black Eagle Spartans with 250 spine as well as 56 grain inserts. Not exactly sure what my FOC will be.
I'm also aware that shot placement is key and I plan to be proficient at 40-60 yards.
Just want to make sure it won't bend on bone and I can get higher possibilities of a pass through on the species mentioned above.
Thanks again my fellow hunters

Last edited:
They've been around a while now, have a good following and have probably killed just about everything. Back in the early 2000's I used their 4-blade version. The bleeder didn't hold up so well once, so I moved on. That said, the 2-blade version doesn't have the flaw I found (IMO) in the 4-bladed and I'd use them if I needed a cut on contact broadhead. DRT Dirtnapper makes a good 2-blade in 125 also, I believe. The Muzzy Phantom is a very good cut on contact,with a great track record too, though four blade.
So many good broadheads...

I have never taken an animal with Stingers, but I have shot them a lot in practice. They have great flight characteristics. They do tend to develop a bit of wobble with use, thus my never having used them on an animal. I hunt with a single bevel broadhead (two blade), Strickland's Helix broadhead. Very durable, great penetration, works great. I like the single bevel...

As Ryan said, lots of good broad heads out there.

They were recommended to me a few years ago. I used them on feral hogs in Texas and had two of them bend upon impact. Might have been a bad batch of steel, but was enough for me to look elsewhere. I now shoot Slick Trick magnum 125's. Had great success with them this past summer in RSA.

They were recommended to me a few years ago. I used them on feral hogs in Texas and had two of them bend upon impact. Might have been a bad batch of steel, but was enough for me to look elsewhere. I now shoot Slick Trick magnum 125's. Had great success with them this past summer in RSA.
Not to get too side tracked but I went to Slick Trick mag 125's back then and didn't regret it. They worked wonderfully on my blue wildebeest. And after some experimenting to find a better head (look up my posts through my profile if interested), Slick Tricks are still my go to broadhead.

My wife and I have used the 100 grain four blade magnus stinges on two blue wildebeest a zebra a kudu and a eland, all had exit wounds. The ferule bent when going through the second rib on the eland.

I've had clients use them. Would never recommend them. They bent on impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you