Magazine Pouch

Beck

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I am looking for a recommendation on a magazine pouch - I am going on Safari later this month, and I am taking a Sako Kodiak in .375 H&H Magnum - The gun has a detachable magazine, and I am looking for a good belt attachment to hold my extra clip. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I prefer a cartridge belt over a spare magazine. This one is from Murray Custom Leather, model C-8 with leather loops. It's worn over my clothing and will also carry my hunting knife. When I get in the bakkie, the belt comes off and I don't have anything digging into my sides or have to undo my belt to remove it. Wherever my rifle is, the belt is right next to it. Makes it easy to stay prepared.
1659864583437.png

I prefer a cartridge belt over a spare magazine. This one is from Murray Custom Leather, model C-8 with leather loops. It's worn over my clothing and will also carry my hunting knife. When I get in the bakkie, the belt comes off and I don't have anything digging into my sides or have to undo my belt to remove it. Wherever my rifle is, the belt is right next to it. Makes it easy to stay prepared.
View attachment 481657
I have a belt from Murray Customer leather as well - great belt, but looking for a magazine pouch

Remember when you needed something life that and you went to a war surplus store where you found something that worked perfect for about a dollar or less?

If I were you, I'd like to do my own custom leatherwork by myself. Good leather not too tick, soaked in cold water to make it soft, and you're ok. Needle and line. Sew it, trim it. Done.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 9.53.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 9.53.05 AM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
If I were you, I'd like to do my own custom leatherwork by myself. Good leather not too tick, soaked in cold water to make it soft, and you're ok. Needle and line. Sew it, trim it. Done.

I did this for both my 375 HH (4 round) and my 308 (7 round) and just hunted with both in South Africa last month… it was very satisfying hunting with gear I made myself for the hunt (also made the knife I used, it’s sheath, loaded the ammo used, etc..)..

The pouches I made aren’t as pretty as what a pro can make.. but they were fully functional and worked extremely well for their intended purpose…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg