M70 Safari Express .375 For Sale

Wyatt Smith

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I have decided to sell my Winchester model 70 safari express 375 H&H. This is a “using” gun, it has a few dings and scrapes. I tried to include everything in the pictures.
The action has been pillar bedded, using score high pillars and devcon. I bedded it all the way to the barrel mounted recoil lug, it is free floated past that. There is a bit of bedding compound around the tang on the stock.
The safety has been replaced with a Stainless steel one. (The original broke, there is a thread about it). The action screws have been replaced with NECG stainless steel screws. A buddy had rounded one out with a poorly fitting wrench.
This rifle has fired about 400 rounds. I know this rifle is not mint condition, so please feel free to ask any questions.
Asking $1200 shipped to the lower 48. USPS money order only.

0051C2FC-8F6C-425D-94D3-BE806312ADC0.jpeg
356D4E0B-EB5F-4B97-9D28-68C011490837.jpeg
339E77A8-FFE1-4D89-BB5D-6564CA49F70C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice upgrade on the pillar and glass bedding. Always good with a M70, and really contributes to consistent accuracy.

Is this a New Haven rifle, or BACO, USA, or a Portugese assembled?

My Portugal assembled M70 Alaskan in .375 is superb.

Good Luck with your sale.

cajunchef63

Thanks!
It is made in Portugal, imported by BACO.
The pillar bedding did help, the barreled action can be removed and reinstalled with no change in impact.

Yes I did the same with a recent BACO/ Portugal assembled Safari Express in . 416 Rem Mag. It shot superbly ( around 1MOA), and was very smooth.

The actions are still being manufactured in Columbia SC, at the FN plant that makes many military weapons, among these the Squad M249 rife, to ISO, 9000+ specifications. Vantana, in Portugal, adds the stocks for the " assembled in Portugal stamp, probably to avoid VAT import duties.

I used to live about 60 miles from that plant, and my old time gunsmith told me they were "good to go".

That thing fed ammo like hot buttered sausages.

Great pictures clearly showing the rifle! Thanks for the extra effort there.

Wow! While your rummaging around for your Covid 19 mask and come back to the classifieds here, stuff is gone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.