Luxury Leather Sporting Accessories

I just finished up a rifle sling and made a few changes to the previous model. I added leather for the junctions rather than just sewn ends. The canvas is traditional English cotton webbing in natural color. The hardware is solid sand cast brass. All sewn by hand.

This particular one is headed to Africa in May with a fellow forum member on a lioness hunt. I‘ve started the matching hunting belt and shell slide to go with it. I’ll post them up when completed for anyone interested.

View attachment 454564
View attachment 454565
I really like that sling @CBeck. Very good looking design!

Do I understand the pictures correctly that they have a quick adjustment function to make them longer and shorter? A bit like the Trader Keith slings? (but which have the disadvantage of not being available for EU sling swivels)
They have nothing on the back (copper stud/button, etc.) to scratch the stock?

I really like that sling @CBeck. Very good looking design!

Do I understand the pictures correctly that they have a quick adjustment function to make them longer and shorter? A bit like the Trader Keith slings? (but which have the disadvantage of not being available for EU sling swivels)
They have nothing on the back (copper stud/button, etc.) to scratch the stock?
Yes they do adjust…from approximately 29 inches out to 40 inches in length. Of course, I could make that to about any specification.

And, no, nothing on the back side to scratch. This is a photo of the back.

image.jpg

@CBeck, have you tried Flor De Cana? It is a Nicaraguan rum, and has won several world medals. Very good and smooth. :)
No but I work for booze and cigars. LOL

I will definitely be on the lookout. For better or worse I do tend to be a creature of habit and I love Jamaican rum particularly Appleton estate. Here lately I’ve been enjoying El Dorado 15 which is from Guyana. It’s very nice.

…..and Papa‘s pilar Spanish sherry cask aged makes a lovely rum old-fashioned.

I just finished a bottle of Zafra 21…it was very smooth but I didn’t find it particularly flavorful

@CBeck. WOW, quality workmanship … I‘m a big fan of handcrafted vs. store bought so All In over the items/work & I agree, handcrafted does require a good backstory - Pithy - creative! :sneaky:

We need to continue this conservation when my tanned to leather Buff Hide arrives in the mail, until then - PM sent to start a order for my Sept S. Africa hunt. Thx for the post & products.

Happy Trails

@CBeck. WOW, quality workmanship … I‘m a big fan of handcrafted vs. store bought so All In over the items/work & I agree, handcrafted does require a good backstory - Pithy - creative! :sneaky:

We need to continue this conservation when my tanned to leather Buff Hide arrives in the mail, until then - PM sent to start a order for my Sept S. Africa hunt. Thx for the post & products.

Happy Trails
Thanks so much….Got to have the backstory. PM returned

PM sent.

@CBeck, have you tried Flor De Cana? It is a Nicaraguan rum, and has won several world medals. Very good and smooth. :)
I'm not a huge rum guy, but the Flor de Cana 18 yr is wonderful!

The 18 year used to come in a porcelain bottle. It was beautiful, not sure what happened. Actually they are all real good :)

Don't forget the Richland! Try a Barboncourt Rum, either the 3 or 5 star also. Not disappointing!
Indeed I will. I didn’t make it by the store today but I did polish off the last of my Appleton estate so I will try for tomorrow!

We scored both but went cheap this round on the flor de Cana didn’t want to drop $150 on rum today. Lol

1D794A00-D676-4042-BD3B-7CEA56126C54.jpeg

I believe there is a 7 & 12 year also. My mom is going to Nicaragua in April, she normally brings me a box of Padron cigars. We'll have to enjoy these beautiful mild evenings and burn one, or two. :)

Excellent work sir, very nice!

I believe there is a 7 & 12 year also. My mom is going to Nicaragua in April, she normally brings me a box of Padron cigars. We'll have to enjoy these beautiful mild evenings and burn one, or two. :)

This particular store had the 4,12 and a white rum. By the time your cigars get here I’ll have saved up enough to spring for the 12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross