NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: Informanté Facebook Page

Lufthansa reveals Namibian flight plans

Staff Reporter
THE Lufthansa Group will again establish regularly scheduled flights between Frankfurt and Windhoek in the third week of September.
André Schulz, the Lufthansa’s General Manager for Southern and Eastern Africa announced that Eurowings will restart return flights between Windhoek and Frankfurt on the 19th of September.
“In line with the recent announcement made by the Namibian authorities, which saw the Namibian border at the Hosea Kutako International Airport re-opening for international travelers from 1 September 2020 - we, the Lufthansa Group would like to share our plans which form part of reviving the local tourism and commercial sector in Namibia,” Schulz said.
He said that subject to all necessary government approvals being granted, Eurowings will once again serve Windhoek with three weekly flights from Frankfurt.
“The first flight will depart Frankfurt at 20:00 and arrive in Windhoek on 20th September 2020 at 06:20 local time. Thereafter, Eurowings will operate flights every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday departing Windhoek at 08:20 and arriving in Frankfurt at 18:50. Passengers can book a round trip fare on these flights from as little as NAD 9,473 inclusive of all taxes,” he said.
According to Schulz Namibia remains an important part of the Lufthansa Group’s Africa network.
“Even throughout this unprecedented crisis, we were able to successfully operate several repatriation flights to and from Windhoek. Our commitment remains to offer regular commercial services that link Namibians to Germany, Europe, and the rest of the world,” he said.
Schulz said that safety and travel have always gone hand-in-hand for the entire Lufthansa Group, with the utmost importance placed on the safety and security of passengers and crew.
“We continue to follow stringent hygiene guidelines and practices in order to ensure that the onboard experience protects the health of our passengers,” he said.
Schulz personally thanked loyal passengers for their support to the company and the industry throughout these very challenging last months.
“Together we can once again look forward to taking to the skies and welcoming our passengers on our aircraft to and from Namibia,” he said.

10 hr 20 min flight on Airbus 330. I'm wondering if a person can book a flight on Lufthansa from the US to FRA and connect seamlessly on the Eurowings flight to NAM. I just tried this from the Lufthansa website and couldn't make it work. Regardless, this is a potentially good option to NAM.

I may be wrong but I don’t think Americans can connect through Europe yet.

I may be wrong but I don’t think Americans can connect through Europe yet.

True, I was thinking more in the future..........like 2021.

Reactions: WAB
10 hr 20 min flight on Airbus 330. I'm wondering if a person can book a flight on Lufthansa from the US to FRA and connect seamlessly on the Eurowings flight to NAM. I just tried this from the Lufthansa website and couldn't make it work. Regardless, this is a potentially good option to NAM.

Yes....or at least pre-WuFlu. We've flown from Tampa direct to Frankfurt on Lufthansa. Arrived early morning in FRA and return departure back to TPA late evening from FRA. We used Air Namibia twice direct to WHD but then their airfares spiked and started charging extra for rifles each way and then the Frankfurt Mayor instituted a transit fee for firearms. Those last two were the last straws. The German Fed govt stopped the Frankfurt Mayor's transit fee as the airport is Federal govt not city and now Air Namibia is out of the long haul flts completely.

We've vacationed in Germany several times and have also transited it with and without firearms.

The flight from TPA to FRA arrived in FRA mid morning and we'd just just a day room off terminal before catching the late evening departure to Namibia and then the same thing for the return flt coming back.

Once things stabilize post WuFlu Frankfurt could be a viable option again along with Qatar Air or Ethiopian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!