Ludwig Borovnik 16ga Double Gun Very Nice!

AZtwins

AH senior member
Reaction score
Ludwig Borovnik double shotgun, Mfg. in Ferlach Austria in 1964. 16ga. 2 3/4" chambers, 27 1/2" barrels, 6lbs. 6oz., LOP 14 1/4" to front trigger, cheekpiece, sling swivels, scalloped action, crossbolt top fastener, ejectors, game scene engraving. Metal in excellent condition, wood has a few minor marks. I shot some preserve birds with it a few times.

Not many of these around to compare to, maybe someone here can chime in with some help - I'll get things started at $6750.00 and would welcome informed opinions.

I have a lot of pics, feel free to request more.

LB16-actionbtm.jpg
LB16-forendlever.jpg
LB16-standingbreech.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These pics aren't showing well, I can text high res pics if you would like better resolution. These started as 8MP

What's it choked?

I’ll have to check. I’m thinking mod/full but it’s been a while.

Partial trades welcome. Need 44 and 357 hunting revolvers. 10mm pistol - DW Bruin or hi cap like a SIG Xten or an S&W. A .270 bolt action rifle or 6.8 Western or 6.5CM mtn rifle. Could also use mid-priced trap guns for my sons - doesn't need to be Perazzi or Kreighoff but a nice Beretta or Guerini would work. I'm open to a lot - let me know what you have.

Price reduced to $6250. Make me an offer or trade ideas.

I priced this based on a local high-end dealer's recommendation. Judging by the low interest it seems too high. I'll go with my original thought and lower the price to $4250.

Removing the pad and adding a 1” silvers pad, the gun would be 15-1/8” LOP and would weigh 6.5lbs. That’s not a bad plan for someone, especially if the drops right now are roughly 1-5/8” and 2” at present.

The short length of pull is actually not that short in actual wood, over 14” of wood. That’s a plus.

I have owned several very nice German drillings and DB guns. All hve horn buttplates.

The LOP and buttplate are correct for a German gun. I don't believe that changing the buttplate would not improve the gun performance and would reduce the prce. At lease someone didn;t "improve" it by adding a white line ventilated buttpad.

I have owned several very nice German drillings and DB guns. All hve horn buttplates.

The LOP and buttplate are correct for a German gun. I don't believe that changing the buttplate would not improve the gun performance and would reduce the prce. At lease someone didn;t "improve" it by adding a white line ventilated buttpad.

Was just providing a suggestion as to add equity or increase marketability. The longest piece of wood possible, plus no more than a 1” pad, equals value. This one has 14” of wood which is a good plus.

Last drop to $3750. Partial trades for above named guns.

If not, one of my sons will be stylin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg