AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
All, I’m looking for outfitters that can offer a “wilderness” style hunt for Buffalo and maybe a tuskless in the Luangwa valley or similar area.

Would consider Zim and Caprivi as well

You should contact Michael. At least see what he has to offer. He is a sponsor with operations in the valley.

@MBIZI SAFARIS

Strang Middleton!!!

Great guy, awesome PH, great wild areas!

I’d suggest you contact a reputable booking agent. Jack Atcheson and Sons (my agent) or Hunting Consortium are two very good ones. I see a lot of negative comments about using agents, but there is a major difference between a professional who have built their business on repeat clients vs an amateur with limited knowledge looking for commissions. They can go over multiple options and pricing and give a lot of information you aren’t aware of. Other than a select few, much of the information you might get here will be 2nd hand for Zambia.

Would consider Zim and Caprivi as well
I’ve seen quite a bit of the Caprivi and have had really good hunts there. The animals are without question wild, but calling it wilderness is a mistake. There are many villages and has a lot of people and cattle. Lions are absent many areas. The rivers have a lot of tourism operators. Travel is really easy cause of paved roads. The community conservancies have a lot of land being cleared for farming and timber. I’m not saying there isn’t very good hunting beyond this activity, but calling it wilderness is a mistake. I think it got the reputation because it’s an area you can hunt for quality big game in a very stable country. If you want wilderness stick with Zambia. I’m sure Zimbabwe too, but I haven’t been there yet to comment on it.

Caprivi - game trackers Africa (plenty of Buffalo and you can get a tusker for the same price as tuskless). Zambia-Byron Hart safaris. Zimbabwe-shangani safaris (a true outback experience with big buff and elephant and you will additionally see lions hippo and black rhino in camp). You will not be disappointed with any of these outfits or the concessions they hunt on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg