dirtydiver

Reaction score
Gents,

Does anyone have any experience with LOWA boots? I am in the market for a pair of universal hunting boots and open to Courtney, LOWA, Russell Boots, and any other suggestions.

Very respectfully,
Carlin

No experience with them, but I love my Courtney’s. I have 6 pair of them.
Give African sporting creations a shout about them.

The only Lowa boots I’ve had were low cut trail boots. They lasted forever! Fit my feet well. Walked a ton of Colorado trails including some 14ers in them.
If they fit your feet, I highly recommend Lowas.
But I wear one of my Courtneys to Africa.

By far my favourite boots. Always seem to fit so well that they don't need breaking in and they are really light......and they go on forever.

FN

I have a pair of Lowa Renegades. Nicely built boot but they don't fit my foot like Asolo does though. They seem a bit wider on me and not quite as much arch support. Other than fit, nothing to complain about.
Photo below of Lowa Renegade & Asolo Drifter - You can tell which one is worn more often...

20210126_070437.jpg

Welcome to the site! I’ve worn lowa in addition to several others and they were excellent, a top quality boot for sure-but I suppose it depends on what and where you are hunting. . . For a typical South Africa safari I would call them overkill.

Welcome to the site! I’ve worn lowa in addition to several others and they were excellent, a top quality boot for sure-but I suppose it depends on what and where you are hunting. . . For a typical South Africa safari I would call them overkill.
Overkill was the exact thing I was thinking. But I wear Adidas Hiking sneakers in Africa so not sure my style is for everyone.

You can't go wrong with a pair of Russell's that is custom measured for your feet. A bit more expensive than others, but can last a lifetime.

I love my lowa renegades. Extremely comfortable hiking boots.

Been wearing Lowa's for quite a while. Really like them and they do last. My Courneys are very heavy compared to the Lowa's.

I had a pair of Lowa Tibets and they lasted for a great number of years both as a hunting and a work boot and that testifies to thier longevity and sturdy construction but they did eventually wear out and as I was no longer doing the hard yards hunting I replaced them with a pair of Lowa Rangers and they have continued the sterling service I expect from the Lowa boot. Stillo hunt the medium high country and the Ranger is a very good boot for that purpose and will no doubt prove themselves again early feb on another hill country hunt.

Excellent boot. More of a mountain boot than a stalking boot. I’d go with the Courteney’s in the African bush and the Lowas in the mountains.

I love my Renegades but not in Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.