Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I stole this picture from Ivan Carter and just wanted to share it.
Picture taken on a hunt in Botswana.

Just goes to show, not much slows an Elephant down for long if they really want to go somewhere.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
a new way to jump a fence...

Great Pic, and different seein the Elephant could have just made its own gate.

Great Pic, and different seein the Elephant could have just made its own gate.

Super pic,
I would have thought it would've pushed and stamped its way through the fence!

That is the 'buffalo fence' that keeps buffalo and much other wild game to the north side of the fence, and keeps them out of cattle grazing areas. Given that for perspective, it's interesting to see how easily an elephant steps over the fence.

Years ago, I hunted in Deka SA in Zimbabwe. There was an 8' high veterinary fence along the north border of the concession. I watched two kudu bulls jump clear over it, and there were places where elephants just pulled it down and crossed. That fence was built with steel poles, not wood.

Interesting picture, nothing holds a elephant back.

Great picture....What's the big hole there by the elephant????

Great picture....What's the big hole there by the elephant????

Sadly I am not the owner of the picture and was not there.
I'd guess someone was looking for water given the water on the back and the rear edge of the hole seems damp.

Last edited:
the hole was where they had been mud bathing , there were twelve bulls , and in fact about two hours after this photo we managed to shoot one of them it was a great bull and my client made an excellent frontal brain shot ,we were very fortunate that day and the bulls tusks weighed in at 73 and 71 pounds respectively-- this is the botswana buffalo fence on the southern side of the okavango delta ...

the hole was where they had been mud bathing , there were twelve bulls , and in fact about two hours after this photo we managed to shoot one of them it was a great bull and my client made an excellent frontal brain shot ,we were very fortunate that day and the bulls tusks weighed in at 73 and 71 pounds respectively-- this is the botswana buffalo fence on the southern side of the okavango delta ...

When you get a chance throw that hunt report up here.

will do so now ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg